Community Forum

returning deceased owner equipment

Highlighted
New Poster

returning deceased owner equipment

My parents have died and the equipment needs to be returned.  They did not have an online set up and my husband has COVID-19 so we can't go anywhere.  How can I get a return label for UPS pick up for their items?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: returning deceased owner equipment

@KH16 wrote:

My parents have died and the equipment needs to be returned.  They did not have an online set up and my husband has COVID-19 so we can't go anywhere.  How can I get a return label for UPS pick up for their items?

So sorry to hear this news about your parents and your husband.  

In response to COVID-19 travel and safety concerns, we’re making equipment returns even easier with free UPS home pick-up.

Customers can schedule an at-home pickup by initiating the equipment return at the Digital Returns Center, printing the UPS return label, boxing up the equipment and then calling 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule the pickup. Customers will need the tracking number from the UPS return label to schedule the pickup.

Link below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

On the returns page, The Internet and Voice section is greyed out and I can't select the Internet & Voice Gateway to print a label to return it. If I try and select it, when I hit continue it doesn't go anywhere. How can I print a label?

Highlighted
New Poster

I have been on that link - it automatically connects to my equipment - which i am NOT returning.  It also specifies if you don't have an online account set up you need to go to a store.  My parents did not have an online account.  So...then what?

Highlighted
Official Employee

@theo19451 wrote:

On the returns page, The Internet and Voice section is greyed out and I can't select the Internet & Voice Gateway to print a label to return it. If I try and select it, when I hit continue it doesn't go anywhere. How can I print a label?

Apologies, we will get you a prepaid UPS Return label sent out via USPS Mail to the address listed on your account.  Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@KH16 wrote:

I have been on that link - it automatically connects to my equipment - which i am NOT returning.  It also specifies if you don't have an online account set up you need to go to a store.  My parents did not have an online account.  So...then what?

Apologies, we will get you a prepaid UPS Return label sent out via USPS Mail to the address listed on your account.  Thanks for your patience. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

For those that need a return label sent manually, please send me a private message with your first and last name and I will work on sending those out. Thanks!