Community Forum

retention

Regular Visitor

retention

I've currently have comcast triple play package with a service discount that expires in Jan 20.  A new cable provider is currently installing there equipment in our area.  They are offering a much better deal with no contract.  While I have no big complaints with Comcast service I will switch in order to save money.  I talked to customer service but the person was hard to understand and didn't seem to understand was asking.  At any rate I would prefer to stay with Comcast but will switch to the new provider next week if Comcast can't compete.  Codeater

Expert

Re: retention

@norskie wrote:

I've currently have comcast triple play package with a service discount that expires in Jan 20.  A new cable provider is currently installing there equipment in our area.  They are offering a much better deal with no contract.  While I have no big complaints with Comcast service I will switch in order to save money.  I talked to customer service but the person was hard to understand and didn't seem to understand was asking.  At any rate I would prefer to stay with Comcast but will switch to the new provider next week if Comcast can't compete.  Codeater

Comcast doesn't price match.

If you cancel early you will pay an early termination fee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

how much is the early retention fee?

Expert

@norskie wrote:

how much is the early retention fee?

The early termination fee is $10 x the # of months left on your contract.  If you have Home Security it is more.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!