Community Forum

retention of loyal customers

New Poster

retention of loyal customers

I have been a customer for over 20 years.  Over the weekend, I called Comcast becasuse my bill had increased.  I was met with rudeness and apathy.  When I explained that I felt like loyal, existing costumers should be able to take advantange of the same deals as new customers, the second rep I spoke to told me repeatedly that ALL customers are offered the same deals.  As I was speaking with her, I looked up deals for new customers and informed her of one deal I would be intersted in.  She said, "but you're not a new customer".  EXACTLY. Does Comcast really even have a retention/loyalty program?  I've already started a search for a new provider. 

Expert

Re: retention of loyal customers

Yes, new customers are offered promotional deals in order to introduce them to the service. Every provider does this, it's standard practice in the industry. There probably are some deals available to you, but they are never going to be as good as new customer deals. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Yes, that's the problem.  There's nothing to encourage customers from switching.  Why should loyal customers have to pay more than new customers?  Best practice would be to switch carriers often I suppose.

Regular Visitor

I had Comcast for a long time then just up and cancelled because I moved. When I moved we setup a new account, etc. 

Then one day a Comcast inside sales rep reached out to me in regards to my cancelled account just weeks before I was going to move back. He got me a sweet Triple Play that had Blast Internet, Preferred Plus, and Home Security w/ HBO, SHO, STARZ, etc.. for dirty cheap. So I did it. Over time my bill has tripled! in price. I'm planning on cancelling this weekend probably once my new security services are setup with a new company. 

I might have my wife sign up with a new account so we can get the better deals if we decide to stay with Xfinity. We already own our modem, etc.. so it wouldn't be too hard to swtich around.

Official Employee

Hi @Ihcisc. We certainly value your business, opinions, and feedback. We appreciate all our customers, existing and new. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. If you would like, I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.