Community Forum

removing old comcast cables from yard--black and orange

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

removing old comcast cables from yard--black and orange

old comcast calbe in my yard , that need to be removed. comcast, has installed new cables over the years, but never pulled out old ones

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: removing old comcast cables from yard--black and orange

As soon as they’re buried, they are considered yours, never pulled up when replaced with newer cables.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

this is terrible customer service on cable companies. to leave old stuff behind for one to deal with.  

shame on Comcast. As much money as they get per month  it shows where their priorities are!!!!

Highlighted
Expert

Cables are not buried that far underground. You should be able to find an end and pull it out.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

No provider anywhere comes back and pulls cable out of the ground. It’s just not done. Nothing to do with customer service, it’s something that no cable company or utility does. Even if you find it yourself and try to pull it up,( not even a good suggestion) you’ll destroy your yard trying, no company will take that kind of responsibility, sorry, it just doesn’t make sense to do it in the first place

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

thats not a good idea...I have 2 cables in one area and 3 in the other. how would I know which to pull if you dont see an end. How can one tell which one is active and which is not?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

You can’t tell other than locates, and if a cable is damaged a locate won’t help. And locates are just an estimate, especially if the cables are side by side or crossed over when buried locates won’t help much. Why do you need them out of the ground so badly?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I want them removed , because its ugly, and when I put muclch in the flowerbeds tey get tangled up and myfeet get caught in them because there are to many. why is it they cant pull the old ones when the y add new ones.  we have animals who also dig them out of their location. and get tangled.