Community Forum

re-route cable line for landscaping

New Poster

re-route cable line for landscaping

hoping someone can direct me to someone that can help me with an issue with Comcast. I am doing landscaping soon, and the buried line has to be elevated or it will get cut. I have made 2 appointments via the chat feature – and neither appointment was kept.

Then today after scheduling twice - I called into the 800 #, and was told that Comcast doesn’t re-route and I would have to find a contractor to move it, but the agent couldn’t provide me with any Comcast contractors to do the work. After making 2 appointments they tell me they don’t do that work…how do I find authorized Comcast contractors to get this work done?

Expert

Re: re-route cable line for landscaping

@mbentle wrote:

hoping someone can direct me to someone that can help me with an issue with Comcast. I am doing landscaping soon, and the buried line has to be elevated or it will get cut. I have made 2 appointments via the chat feature – and neither appointment was kept.

Then today after scheduling twice - I called into the 800 #, and was told that Comcast doesn’t re-route and I would have to find a contractor to move it, but the agent couldn’t provide me with any Comcast contractors to do the work. After making 2 appointments they tell me they don’t do that work…how do I find authorized Comcast contractors to get this work done?

Is this line in the easement, which goes around your entire yard, or is the line in your yard?  Are you wanting it moved to a pole, then going from the pole to your house?

If it's the easement, please note that other utilities may also be in the easement, and any landscaping done in the easement could be damaged should those utilities need access to their line.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It is the line from the pole to the house.

Official Employee

Hi mbentle. I can assist with submitting a ticket request to our local tech ops team to see what the options are for relocating the cable line. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!