Community Forum

"We need your help to fix your connection" email from Comcast

Contributor

"We need your help to fix your connection" email from Comcast

Is anyone else getting emails from Comcast saying 

We've detected a connection issue
We’ve found that there is an issue with the connection in your home, and it’s preventing us from giving you the best service we can. The good news is that we can walk you through how to fix it in 3 easy steps. It will only take a few minutes.

We have checked all connections and none of them are loose, yet we've received these emails twice now. TV seems to be working just fine.

Expert

Re: "We need your help to fix your connection" email from Comcast

@Curly wrote:

Is anyone else getting emails from Comcast saying 

We've detected a connection issue
We’ve found that there is an issue with the connection in your home, and it’s preventing us from giving you the best service we can. The good news is that we can walk you through how to fix it in 3 easy steps. It will only take a few minutes.

We have checked all connections and none of them are loose, yet we've received these emails twice now. TV seems to be working just fine.

It could have been a phishing scan to get personal information from you. I would delete the message, and never reply. You could call 1-800-COMCAST if you are concerned.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: "We need your help to fix your connection" email from Comcast

It should be legit but as suggested call in. If it’s legitimate, there will be notes on your account and a job already created waiting to be scheduled.

It’s not just loose cable, it’s splitters, equipment backfeeding out, garbage cable, anything that can cause noise going back out to the plant.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!