Community Forum

"Service-related" emails should not be used for advertising

New Poster

"Service-related" emails should not be used for advertising

I got an email today with the subject line "[My_Name], your X1 Recommendations: learn where to find them." The rest of the email looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 9.54.38 AM.png

I have already unsubscribed from all emails in the mypreferences.com page, yet I'm still receiving these messages:

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 9.57.37 AM.png

In the privacy policy you state:

We will provide you with service-related announcements, such as a pricing change, a change in operating policies, a service appointment, or new features of one or more of the Services you receive from us through emails, texts, calls, Comcast-provided equipment, and other communications methods. You may select the manner in which you prefer to receive many of these communications by visiting the customer preference center at https://customer.xfinity.com/#/users/me/notifications.

I see no option to stop emails of this sort and will soon result in marking your emails as spam, if you continue to abuse "Service-related" emails. I would like to be notified of outages in my area and when my service calls are being answered. I do not, however, want to receive advertisements for services using the same channels. This is an abuse of the information i have provided to Comcast and will prevent me from properly interacting with the company using my preferred form of communication. Please fix.

Expert

Re: "Service-related" emails should not be used for advertising

It's not an advertisment. They aren't attempting to sell you anything. It's just information on how to utilize some new features of your current service.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!