Community Forum

"Please Escalate " is a waste of your time with Comcast

Regular Visitor

"Please Escalate " is a waste of your time with Comcast

I wish there was a Comcast exam customers can take to prove they know technology so when we call in, we can skip the outsourced team and speak to someone who knows what a PING is and has the ability to ping my modem, etc.

Both my wife and I work from home and are very qualified IT people. We had an outage yesterday and when I dealt with support all they can do is send a tech out and tell me that the little status lights on their screen is green. That's it! Does us no good. I asked to be escalated and spoke to 5 different people. 

I went from Tier 1 --> Home Security --> Tier 1 --> a different Tier 1 --> 'Advanced' Tier 1.

When I asked the 'Advanced' lady to ping my modem via ICMP she didn't have the tools to do it. All she could do is send a signal. When I asked to Escalate, she said she couldn't find anyone. In reality, she put me on hold, and probably laughed, and folded laundry.  We went at it from there. This is why Comcast is known for horrible support!

Official Employee

Re: "Please Escalate " is a waste of your time with Comcast

Hi GeekyCouple, I am showing CCAmir has reached out to you on your other post.  If you are still needing assistance please reach out there.

Thank you