Community Forum

"Out Of Footprint" Error, Customers on my street have Xfinity

New Poster

"Out Of Footprint" Error, Customers on my street have Xfinity

Hello,

Former Xfinity customer looking to buy internet again, and we are moving to a new house soon. I searched for this house on Xfinity and it says it's outside the footprint, meanwhile there are Xfinity customers on the same street only 1 or 2 houses away.

This doesn't make any sense, how can we be outside of Xfinity's footprint when there are other Xfinity customers so close to us, especially when we are north of 1300 S and less than a block east from State Street? Is it possible that we just need to have Xfinity do an installation in our yard, or that the system doesn't recognize it as being a part of their footprint, even though it could be? I never thought to check for Xfinity services at this address because it was so close to downtown Salt Lake, so I would never think that a lack of high speed internet services would be possible.

Edit: The zip code we are relocating to is 84111. I have been looking across the web and I have seen coverage maps with our entire area marked as covered, and another website says there is 100% availbility for Xfinity in our zip code. This looks like it's possibly an installation issue, but if anyone has any answers for now, that would be wonderful.

Official Employee

Re: "Out Of Footprint" Error, Customers on my street have Xfinity

Hi FashionDramatic, I can assist reviewing the serviceability of your address, can you please send me a private message with your full address and preferred contact number.

Thank you