Community Forum

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

Frequent Visitor

Re: Twitch - OBS - World of Warcraft - Hurricane Irma

@ComcastMichaelP - Sent 2 PMs over the past 3 days - no reply yet.. available and eager to work with you to get the issue resolved.

New Poster

Can't get new cables connected at poles

Contractors came by last Sunday and ran new cable from the pole at the street to the pole at our house. They said they could not connect it. I had a tech come that same day and he connected our house wires to the new pole by our house but said he could not make the connections at the poles.

We had a service appointment today to get those connections taken care of but Comcast sent contractors who can only run new cable.

All we need is for someone to climb up the poles and connect the new cables! That's it. It's probably 15min of work. We cannot get anyone at Comcast to understand that. They either want to send a tech who can only work from the pole to the house or contractors who can only lay new cable. Doesn't comcast have anyone who can connect the cables together?

Our street is on-line. The only people without service at this point are those who lost the cables from the poles on the street to the poles by their houses.

We've been without service for 5 weeks now and Comcast has not once given any indication that they actually understand our problem nor are they able to give us an ETA or even send out the right kind of tech.

Is there any way to get through to someone who can understand this problem?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't get new cables connected at poles

Hello Everyone I apologize for the delays,

Nallchan would you please check your private messages as I was able to reply to your message. llowrey I apologize for all the frustration this have caused you. I can investigate this for you but I would need you to private message your account information. This includes your account name, phone number, and service address. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

storm

During and after the storm we were out xfinity for 8 days . Do we get credit for this and how does this work? This is from the hurricain we had.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: storm

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: storm

It's been a week since I had internet connection here in Key West, FL 33040. After long and frustrating contact with your customer service finally got an appointment for technician. Which arrived yesterday, said something about the line which comes from the pole needs to be fixed by maintenance, because it was lying on the ground and probably got some damage. He said, quote: "After they fix that you should be fine". Guess what, they put the line back today and nothing changed, still no connection. Contacted your awesome customer service again and they keep giving me good old "An outage has been reported, the whole area, should be fixed by [put_whatever_date_you_prefer_it_doesnt_make_any_difference]".

So tell me this: How come other your customers who live here on the island have a connection (not saying that its perfect, but they at least HAVE it)? I'm tired of listening about the outage, can someone give me the exact problem that I have here? Maybe I need to have another technician come to my house, the one who can tell me some detailed info, not default "outage blablabla". There has to be an ETA, it's just seems so that you dont want to give it in order to not to lose your customers.

If only ATT had the same speed, I would have switched already.