Community Forum

"Account no longer active."

Highlighted
New Poster

"Account no longer active."

Just started my account 2 weeks ago and it was working smooth. Today I can't get connected to the internet (tried all the usual recommendation trouble shooting option). I go on my account to check if my bill needs to be paid or it's an account setting. When I go to Users it list me as the primary bit below says "This account it on longer active." If I go to Pay My Bill it says "Restricted Section".

I checked this forum and interestingly enough, this is a very common problem! Unfortunately not a single post I found has an answer listed.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: "Account no longer active."

@Dave0724 wrote:
Just started my account 2 weeks ago and it was working smooth. Today I can't get connected to the internet (tried all the usual recommendation trouble shooting option). I go on my account to check if my bill needs to be paid or it's an account setting. When I go to Users it list me as the primary bit below says "This account it on longer active." If I go to Pay My Bill it says "Restricted Section".

I checked this forum and interestingly enough, this is a very common problem! Unfortunately not a single post I found has an answer listed.

If you moved into a residence that was previously occupied there is a good chance the previous resident hasn't paid their bill.  An account isn't just tied to a person but also to a residence.  If this is the case you'll need proof of residency in the form of your lease/mortgage, a utility bill or statement showing new service, and a photo ID, preferably with your current address.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!