Community Forum

"A new xFi Gateway is on the way"...Really?

Regular Contributor

"A new xFi Gateway is on the way"...Really?

Both me, and my dad (who is in another market, 135 miles away), today received emails from Comcast saying that we were being sent an xFi Gateway, even though we didn't order or want one.  I called Comcast to stop the 'order', but they have no record of this email, let alone an order for either of us.  If a package does arrive, I'm to refuse it, of course, but if I'm not here, I'll have to take it back to UPS/USPS.  To further complicate things, no one will be at one of these homes for the next three weeks.

Have any of you received this unsolicited email?

By the way, one of us is 95, and there's no such thing as a self-install for that person.

Xfinity

A new xFi Gateway is on the way

We want to make sure the Xfinity equipment you have in your home provides you with the best service and features available, so we're sending you the newest xFi Gateway at no cost to you. Just know that the regular monthly equipment fees you're currently paying will still apply.

The new modem will arrive within 7-10 business days. It'll be packaged in a Self-Install Kit with everything you'll need to set it up, making the upgrade easy.

After you activate the new modem, you'll need to send the old one back to us. Returning the equipment is free and easy. Simply follow the return instructions that will be included in your Self-Install Kit.

If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-xfinity.
Xfinity Customer Commitment
All part of our commitment to you
COMCAST ®
View this message online

This is a service-related email. Comcast will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits.

Please do not reply to this email, it is not monitored. If you'd like to contact us, please visit our website here.

Comcast respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy, click here.

© 2018 Comcast. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Comcast Cable, One Comcast Center 1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attn: Email Communications
Regular Contributor

Re: "A new xFi Gateway is on the way"...Really?

I originally posted this question to the xFi board.  I went back there looking to see if there had been any replies, and I looked and looked and looked.  Finally I went to my subscriptions, and saw that my post had been moved to this board, Customer Service.

This has happened before.  If a moderator moves a post, shouldn't they send a note to the OP?  That's only considerate and polite.

Official Employee

Hello, anon86290.

I'm glad you reached out to us with your concerns and I would be more than happy to see if I can get you a little more info regarding the modem being shipped. Please feel free to send me a private message with your first and last name so I can help. 

As for the movement of your thread, sometimes they can be moved to a more appropriate area of the forums given the subject of your post.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTambrey wrote:

Hello, anon86290.

I'm glad you reached out to us with your concerns and I would be more than happy to see if I can get you a little more info regarding the modem being shipped. Please feel free to send me a private message with your first and last name so I can help. 

As for the movement of your thread, sometimes they can be moved to a more appropriate area of the forums given the subject of your post.

ComcastChe is already working on the unsolicited orders for the xFi Gateway.

I'd like to know why you guys move posts without telling the poster.  Very inconsiderate.  I looked all over for my post.

Official Employee

I definitely understand how that would be a frustrating situation. Often times we try to leave temporary placeholders explaining why it was moved and where it was moved to. I apologize that this was not the case for your thread. I'm glad to hear that ComcastChe is already assisting you. To avoid duplicate conversations that may cause confusion, I am closing this thread to further comments.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!