Community Forum

premium channels

New Poster

premium channels

I see that it is $15 per month to get HBO. Is there a charge to activate or to deactivate if you no longer want the channel?

Regular Contributor

Re: premium channels

No you can cancel at anytime no commitment unless discounted plan.? No activation fee.

HBO usually has some type of discounted offer ask customer loyaltyetc for current offerings.

Just be aware most areas of Comcast only get 1 HD channel HBO,Showtime rest in SD unless a very areas have something else.

How abouit it COMCAST give the customers what they want movies  in 2019 in SD ?

To be totally clear its 1 HD per channel 

1 HBO total 

1 Showtime total .

Official Employee

Hey there, roneliott! Welcome to the forums. 

giantssfan is correct, there is no fee to activate the premium channels. However, if you pay for HD channels, you can get more than one premium channel in HD. The only time it would not be in HD is if you have a TV that is not capable of HD or if you do not pay for HD channels.

I would be happy to take a look at the account with you to see if there are any promotions going on! Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastAlly 

How come i only get one HD channel of showtime and starz ? 

And i do pay for HD?

Official Employee

giantssfan, you should definitely be getting those channels in HD. This sounds like something that we would need to troubleshoot from your account. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

PM sent

Official Employee

PM sent

giantssfan, did you send the PM? I don't see any here to Ally. Can you click my name and then click send me a private message? Happy to help. 

Ken

Regular Contributor

Smiley SadPm sent

Official Employee

@giantssfan, I am working with you in another private message, so I am going to lock this thread. Thanks! 

Official Employee

@roneliott, we never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please still send ComcastAlly, ComcastKenF, or myself a PM if you still need assistance with this Premium channel concern. Please create a new Public post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.