Community Forum

outage and getting account credit

Contributor

outage and getting account credit

Long time customer who is timely with bills. Decided some time ago to call Comcast and request account credit each time we experience in our area. No problem the last few times, today I am told I am not an authorized user on account. Chat agent was condescending and rude. Comcast sends bill to my email, accepts payment from my bank account. My spouse whose name appears on account made me an authorized user years ago and I am the only one who addresses these issues. I have printed chat transcripts from previous calls to show I requested and received account credits. Today I was told by chat agent that perhaps Comcast "accidentally" removed me as an authorized user. Unbelievably poor service. I tend to think the "accident" was due to my rightly requesting credit when we have no service.

Official Employee

Re: outage and getting account credit

Hi eedoxies, 

Sorry for the experience you're having while trying to get credits for service interruptions you have. Unfortunately, this is no mistake and for some reason (no fault of yours) there have been times where longtime authorized users have been removed after a billing system update. In situations like this, we can re-add the authorized users again after verifying it is ok with the account holder.

Either way, I can help you with both of these situations if it has not been taken care of already. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.