Community Forum

online CHAT very limited

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

online CHAT very limited

After the second try at online chat I give up.  I assumed that automated chat would refer me to an agent after my problem proved to be outside its limited "menu options."  No such luck.  I got caught in a tight circular loop with no way to reach a human agent.  Very disappointing.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: online CHAT very limited

@ComCust  Apologies for the issue and the experience here. Can you please provide some additional details on how we might be able to assist and one of our agents here can look into any issue that you may have. 

Thanks for your patience.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Broken Cable Box

I have four cable boxes attached to 4 TVs.  One it broken.  It is old, is non-HD and is attached to a non-HD TV.  The green light on the front of the small box is unlit after attaching it to multiple outlets, thus, broken.  It is model DC50Xu.  Part B7013334800.  Serial number PAAV02465751.

I would like to have it replaced.  How can that be done?

If that is not possible in the immediate future, I would certainly like to have the rental cost removed from my bill.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Broken Cable Box

@ComCust   Thanks for the details. The link below may assist, we can also arrage for a free UPS Pick Up of your equiment: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-your-xfinity-equipment-online

In response to COVID-19 travel and safety concerns, we’re making equipment returns even easier with free UPS home pick-up.

Beginning Tuesday, March 24, customers can schedule an at-home pickup by initiating the equipment return at the Digital Returns Center, printing the UPS return label, boxing up the equipment and then calling 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule the pickup. Customers will need the
tracking number from the UPS return label to schedule the pickup. Link below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I just now boxed up the broken cable box and afixed a UPS shipping label.  Thank you.

P.S. It still doesn't solve getting a replacement box, but that is for another day.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi ComCust, I'd be happy to get some new equipent shipped out to you. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".