Community Forum

ongoing issues, troubleshooting always starts back at step 1

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ongoing issues, troubleshooting always starts back at step 1

i have been having T3 timeouts, which cause my internet to disconnect, since late last year. When i contacted support they restarted my modem, had me check that the connections are tight, and all the usual stuff that i had already done because i have more than 2 brain cells to rub together. they said if it still had problems to contact them again to get a technician out.

i still had problems I replaced the modem because it was old (The last firmware update was from 2016), even though i didnt suspect it was the problem. i ran a new coax cable from the box in the window and hooked it straight up to the modem and still had issues. this basically eliminated the problem being in the house at this point. i contacted support and of course they want to restart the modem and do their optimization and synchronization again. we go thorgh that whole song and dance again and they agree to send a technician out

i finally got a technician out to my house and he replaced the ends of the cable at the modem, and went into my crawl space and replaced the single couple and the 2 ends of cables down there, then replaced the end at the box. he installed a MOCA filter at the box, and said if i still had problems to text him directly and he could replace the drop without me being here (convienent). the next day my modems log was full of T3 timeouts again so i texted him and it took about 3 weeks to get out here due to the snow, but he replaced the whole drop.

now i get really busy at work in the winter time so i hadnt been playing any online games until recently and sure enough i still get disconnected every 5 minutes up to maybe an hour if im lucky.

i contact tech support again and im right back at square 1 they want to restart/optimize/synchronize the modem and say if i have any more problems to let them know. i tell them ive been thorugh all this already and have been having problems for 7 or 8 months now, so they say they will schedule a technician to come out, who will contact me in the next 24 hours in case the problem goes away.

i dont remeber if that was sunday or monday, so 3 or 4 days later i get a call while im at work, they agree to call back later when im at home because they want to do some more troubleshooting on the phone. now i dont hear that well so i started a chat when i got home and asked if they can pull up this open ticket i have, and they start asking the same troubleshooting questions that every other agent starts to ask you. i tell them that i was under the impression they would send a tech out to address this problem so we go through all that to schedule something, but im told that i have to be home because they have to inspect the cabling in the house.

it has already been inspected, and parts of it replaced, a new modem, a new drop. there is still a problem and we have left my property, its a line... a straight line. with my modem at the end of it, we have traced it past the drop and to that box at the top of the pole across the street at this point. is that the amplifier? i dont know, i dont care, i refuse to take more time off work to make time for comcast to fix their equipment.

someone has to have the ability to send a technician out to test or repair, or replace that box across the street.

Official Employee

Re: ongoing issues, troubleshooting always starts back at step 1

Hi @LunchBox7985

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I apologize for the experience you're having with your internet connection. I'd like to help make this right. I'll first start by checking your premise signals and the health of your node to help isolate the cause of this. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can access your account? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: ongoing issues, troubleshooting always starts back at step 1

Hi @LunchBox7985

Thank you for letting me know this has been resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if there's anything more we can assist you with. Thanks for being a loyal customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!