Community Forum

not getting HD channels even though have X1 service subscription,

New Poster

not getting HD channels even though have X1 service subscription,

To Whom it may concern / Xfinity customer support tem,

i have xfinity X1 service and not getting HD channels. i have contacted Xfinity support many times and all they did is reboot the top box / fresh signal etc... technical terms used. per my plan the channel line up shows the HD channels in the list but when ever i select those 800 cahnnels numbers it ask me to watch in SD or upgrade the service. i am already paying for the services why need to upgrade?

please help

Official Employee

Re: not getting HD channels even though have X1 service subscription,

Hi jpatel1508, thank you for reaching out and I can assist reviewing the HD service on your account for you. Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

New Poster

hi phil, is there any number or email ID, where i can call you and resolve the issue?
Official Employee

Hi jpatel1508, we primarily work over the forums, and I can review this further on my side but will first just need to look up your account. Could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

You can click on my name (ComcastPhill) and click on “Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Official Employee

Hi jpatel1508, I haven't heard from you.  Please let me know if you are still needing assistance.

Thank you