Community Forum

not alot of help during coronavirus!!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

not alot of help during coronavirus!!!

I just got a message that said I am being switched to Xfininty Assistance Plan because my bill is late so instead of 300 mbs I am being switched to 25 mbs and my alarm will not be working and if I had cable service they would be shut off also. so I asked the agent what that means and she said no alarm service and my internet will not handle tv streaming so we are stuck in our house cant work so no money coming in right now and we cant even watch tv!!!! every other bill we have to waiving shut off and not lowering our service and tells us to pay whatever we can right now but xfinity is punishing us for not being able to pay our bill during this horrible time. shameful

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: not alot of help during coronavirus!!!

25 mbs is plenty for streaming TV.  2 years ago we had 1mbs DSL and we could stream on that, though the quality did suffer.  (5mbps is about what you need.)   I think your agent just meant that you don't get any Xfinity streaming with your Internet Essentials plan.    Also, you can get an antenna and check out your local stations.

Highlighted
Expert

@strega7 wrote:

25 mbs is plenty for streaming TV.  2 years ago we had 1mbs DSL and we could stream on that, though the quality did suffer.  (5mbps is about what you need.)   I think your agent just meant that you don't get any Xfinity streaming with your Internet Essentials plan.    Also, you can get an antenna and check out your local stations.

I seriously doubt @Campgang has Internet Essentials if they were getting 300mbs on their plan beforehand.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No i told her we stream from a fire stick but the point of my comment is that comcast is the only company that is not working with their customers.  every other bill company is saying nothing will change we will not shut you off just pay what you can to lower your bill.  comcast is shutting cable and alarm services off for people who are affected by this virius, it is sad and dissappointing.  my kids use the internet for school.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm guessing most of your other bills are things that are considered "essential".  I mean if they were turning your water or electricity off, most people would think that was pretty awful.  Internet has now apparently become "essential" too.  TV and alarm services, apparently not so much. 

I think your kids will do fine with 25mbps.  I'm guessing quite a few kids will be making do with less.  If schools can't work with the internet that their kids can actually get, then I'm sure they will adapt.  It will be a learning experience for the first few weeks, I'm sure!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Again wrote:

enna and check out your local stations.

I seriously doubt @Campgang has Internet Essentials if they were getting 300mbs on their plan beforehand.

I believe the Xfinity Assistance plan is a different plan than IE, but like IE it has a 25mbs limit. (But I'm no expert at Comcast's many plans!)

Highlighted
Expert

@strega7 wrote:

@Again wrote:

enna and check out your local stations.

I believe the Xfinity Assistance plan is a different plan than IE, but like IE it has a 25mbs limit. (But I'm no expert at Comcast's many plans!)

Yes, it is different, and allows customers to continue to have access to the internet during this time.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No one can seem to answer why “before” supervisors could make promises to pay and restore service. I paid $450 of a 670 bill after I was assured on April second that if I paid this amount I wouldn’t be shut off and my TV was shut off anyway. No one will respond to me here or on Twitter.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Btw I am a ten year + customer and only needed a 12 day extension until our next checks come out when I would be able to pay my total balance to zero (not just past due)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

yes that is what i am getting also no one can answer they just say what you have is enough pretty much like stop complaining!!! i just need some assistance to get us by till we get our first unemployment check,  

Highlighted
Expert

@Campgang wrote:

yes that is what i am getting also no one can answer they just say what you have is enough pretty much like stop complaining!!! i just need some assistance to get us by till we get our first unemployment check,  

Your internet is not going to be disconnected.

https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

Yes, you were downgraded because of an overdue unpaid bill, but your internet is still connected to allow for work at home and school conditions.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

first do you work for comcast?

second i understand my internet is connected but at a much slower speed i am asking for an extension so that my other services can be turned on, 

Highlighted
Expert

@Campgang wrote:

first do you work for comcast?

second i understand my internet is connected but at a much slower speed i am asking for an extension so that my other services can be turned on, 

• First, this isn't instant access to Customer Support; IOW, it's not real time.
  • Second, I'm a long time volunteer here.
  • Third, you've been put on that program because you're late or behind in your payment; but Comcast has allowed customers to keep internet during this time, even if you are behind.  It's extremely doubtful your other services will be turned back on at this time.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@SeanMck 

Apologies for the issues, experiences and confusion that we put you through.

Glad to hear that all of your services have been restored and it looks like our agent was able to assist to make this right.

Apologies again, apologies for the stress we caused and thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastTeds I would like to know what happened? Last thing I was told was nothing could be done so I am very paranoid my tv is going to go off again. Can someone please dm me and let me know?
Highlighted
New Poster

I could not agree more with you I have called other service companies and asked them what they are doing for there customers and they are waving bills and letting their customers know they are safe. I have been sick for three weeks and I am only getting worse my husband is Disabled and can't work out only income is me. I am now finally able to work from home to find out after getting a notification that my bill is late and my services will be disconnected tonight at midnight. I just started working from home now this... I thought they said they were going to help in this time of need and all they are doing is making me feel like I am against the wall with no options. What are we as their customers supposed to do? I can barely afford food on my table and to keep my roof over my head. So now we are stuck inside with not TV and no internet when we were not able to make payments. Even my morgage was waved for three months and Xfinity can not help their customers out at all??? Their company makes billions and they won't help other than saying free wifi hot spots and that is a LIE it does not work like they said. I have tried 4 diffrent devices and 6 diffrent locations and it is the same... This company is a joke. I will be leaving and going else where.!!! I have been a loyal customer for three years. And this is just out right sickning!
Highlighted
New Poster

i 100% agree.......they are pitiful....banks are giving full loans to business owners to pay employees...credit card, car payments, mortgages all being deferred 3 months minimally...and GREEDY COMCAST cant wait for thier money...get this out on social media......so everyone realizes thier GREED......here is the reply message i sent to comcast....for all the good it "wont "do

thanks for being your typical selves...and not helping people with financial strains due to the virus....free telephone...wow...like most of us dont have cells to use.....but shut off tv...which is only thing to do right now...and keeps us updated on the problem....you know you will get your money...you ALWAYS DO.   i hope this makes your customers realize that they deserve better....and hopefully this gets out on social media...and you lose customers becuz if this.....no one has the funds to pay thier bills right now....but greedy comcast, will take thier last dime.
you will never change and i hope it is your demise

Highlighted
New Poster

shameful........shameful.......

Highlighted
New Poster

same with me...midnight tonight shut off....these people do not deserve us as customers....i will leaving them too...glad you are feelining better...praying for you and hubby to have a full recovery...god bless

Highlighted
Official Employee

@jimmyjoe113 Sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

Our full response to this crisis can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

Excerpts below: 

We understand that Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services are critical for connectivity, so for a limited time we will not be suspending these services for any customer not able to pay their bill.

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

• Select Billing, then Bill and Payment Settings
  • Click on Schedule a Payment
  • Then go to Payment Date and choose a new due date

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

As for automatic payments, they can be canceled or set up rather easily. The link below shows how to do this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-payments

It's very easy for any of our customers to cancel auto-payments anytime via our Xfinity Assistant.  Once logged in, just type "Cancel autopay" then confirm.  Here is the link: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/

As a courtesy, I credited back any late charges incurred on your account over the past 18 months. 

Stay safe and be well. Hang in there. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@SeanMck  Apologies. Not sure that the focus should be on "what happened " right now.

The short story is that there were (are) a lot of moving parts as our company moved quickly to put in lots of new processes and policy changes and then educate our frontline employees so that we can keep internet and voice services on for our customers, regardless of their current status. 

The good news is that your services remain on. Your internet services will remain connected as per the below.

Thanks for your patience.  Stay well. 

https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

Highlighted
New Poster

Welcome to Comcast!! I've noticed they have taken their phone number off the website too. <Edited>

Highlighted
Official Employee

@spencermjs  what kind of help do you need? 

Highlighted
New Poster

They just did same thing to me and my family. I been with them for over 5 years straight never had service terminated until now. My family is struggling save money with the virus and i have 3 little kids with one that has asthma. Mortgage they helped M&amp;T Suntrust and BB&amp;t bank all helped besides comcast HORRIBLE my wifed cried explaining we are stuck inside for our daughter sake and they told us nothing they can do we had to pay $550 that we didnt have to pay for comcast at this moment.But we did so our kids will be entertained.<Edited> we do plan to switch from them when all this is done. Fyi the bill is for april and may and its april 11 Horrible service

Highlighted
New Poster

I also had the same experience.  Cable was shut off this morning and I was moved to the Xfinity Assistance Plan.  While I do still have internet, the tv is off.  While tv would be the least of my concerns right now honestly but my 85 year old father who lives with me spends 18 hours a day in front of it and is incapable of using an app or similar. I am behind on my bill as well, my husband and myself both out of work for weeks now and as we're waiting for unemployment to kick in, I just need some kind of payment arrangement.   A customer for 20+ years and dozens of Comcast recommendations to friends and family over the years should count for something.  With three kids and my father to support, the bills are piling up with no end in sight. This whole virus situation has been financially devastating for our family and I know others are struggling as much as we are.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@richardbuddy  Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. 

Glad to see that your video services are now restored. I've applied a credit to your account that I hope helps. 

Below are some details regarding the Xfinity Assistance Plan that you should have received via e-mail: 

We know how important it is to stay connected, especially during an unprecedented time like this. Although your bill payments are overdue, we have pledged to keep you connected during this difficult time.

We've developed the Xfinity Assistance Plan. The Plan enables you to continue to receive Xfinity Internet service for a lower price. The Plan also ensures that you won't accrue large outstanding balances during this difficult period. The Plan is described below and will be in effect until at least May 13, 2020. Please know that you will not be disconnected during this time.

Please note that, if you have Xfinity TV services, they are not included in the Xfinity Assistance Plan and will be suspended unless you pay your past due balance. If you have Xfinity Mobile or Xfinity Home services, neither will be suspended during this time, although your Xfinity Home service may be diminished. You'll still be able to arm and disarm your system and use your cameras to monitor activity.

Any Xfinity Internet service will be transferred to the Xfinity Assistance Plan in the next couple of days. The Plan will appear as "Xfinity Assistance Plan" on your next bill with a charge of $14.95 per month.

Here's what the Xfinity Assistance Plan includes:

•Xfinity Internet at the speed of 25/3 Mbps

•No Xfinity Wireless Gateway rental charges

Once your past due balance is paid, your prior Xfinity services will resume. Please be aware it may take up to 48 hours for all of your services to be reactivated, and there will not be a reactivation charge. We'll let you know when the Xfinity Assistance Plan ends. When it does, you must pay all of your past due balances to maintain your services and avoid disconnection.

If you prefer to discontinue your Xfinity service, please visit xfinity.com/support/cancel-service.

We hope the Xfinity Assistance Plan offers some relief during these uncertain times. Visit xfinity.com/prepare for answers to frequently asked questions about how we're handling the COVID-19 pandemic and tips to optimize your home network.

To schedule a payment or see your billing details, go to My Account at xfinity.com/myaccount.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@MeccaWilson 

Our full response to this crisis can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

Your account was moved over to our Xfinity Assistance Plan. Details on that below:  

We know how important it is to stay connected, especially during an unprecedented time like this.

Although your bill payments are overdue, we have pledged to keep you connected during this difficult time.

We've developed the Xfinity Assistance Plan. The Plan enables you to continue to receive Xfinity Internet service for a lower price. The Plan also ensures that you won't accrue large outstanding balances during this difficult period. The Plan is described below and will be in effect until at least May 13, 2020. Please know that you will not be disconnected during this time.

Please note that, if you have Xfinity TV services, they are not included in the Xfinity Assistance Plan and will be suspended unless you pay your past due balance. If you have Xfinity Mobile or Xfinity Home services, neither will be suspended during this time, although your Xfinity Home service may be diminished. You'll still be able to arm and disarm your system and use your cameras to monitor activity.

Any Xfinity Internet service will be transferred to the Xfinity Assistance Plan in the next couple of days. The Plan will appear as "Xfinity Assistance Plan" on your next bill with a charge of $14.95 per month.

Once your past due balance is paid, your prior Xfinity services will resume. Please be aware it may take up to 48 hours for all of your services to be reactivated, and there will not be a reactivation charge. We'll let you know when the Xfinity Assistance Plan ends. When it does, you must pay all of your past due balances to maintain your services and avoid disconnection.

If you prefer to discontinue your Xfinity service, please visit xfinity.com/support/cancel-service.

We hope the Xfinity Assistance Plan offers some relief during these uncertain times. Visit xfinity.com/prepare for answers to frequently asked questions about how we're handling the COVID-19 pandemic and tips to optimize your home network.

To schedule a payment or see your billing details, go to My Account at xfinity.com/myaccount.

As a courtesy, I credited back any late charges incurred on your account over the past 24 months plus an additional loyalty credit. I hope that helps.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Campgang Apologies for the delay in responding. Apologies also for the issues and experiences that you described above.

Your account was moved over to our Xfinity Assistance Plan. Details on that below:  

We know how important it is to stay connected, especially during an unprecedented time like this.

Although your bill payments are overdue, we have pledged to keep you connected during this difficult time.

As a courtesy, I credited back any late charges incurred on your account over the past 24 months plus an additional loyalty credit. I hope that helps.