Community Forum

new service

Highlighted
New Poster

new service

I have a winter home in North Port, FL.  My location has no viable internet so we in the area are forced to use Frontier at dial up speeds or Hughes net which is close to dial up.  Here's the rub.  Comcast is 8/10s of a mile away.  I started at the last installed customer and counted the number of houses within that 8/10s area just to see if there was potential for Comcast.  I counted 186 houses!  Say you sign up for a low end internet package (never mind all the other revenue generators) at - say $60 / month.  186 x $60 = $11,160 in revenue per month.  Comcast keeps telling me there isn't enough businees here to justify extending their service.  REALLY ???

My house  in VT has a density of about 15 houses per mile and we've had Comcast for years!  When are you going to wake up and see the potential starring you in the face ??   Please send somebody who can count to Hornbuckle Blvd ! This just one street in this part of North Port !

Tim

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: new service

Escalated to get a site survey for you. A site survey will reflect any costs to you personally to get service, it isn’t going to matter how many theoretical customers are in between you and present services.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, tifahey! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

We would need to submit a serviceability request to see what options are available for extending the service. Sometimes if the cost of construction/labor/permits is too high, our teams may determine that extension is not an option at this time. If you haven't already worked with us to submit this request, I would be more than happy to help you with the process. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

no reply from my response a week ago.  Tifahey.  Sent contact data.