Community Forum

moving

New Poster

moving

I might be moving in a month or so.  Is there a cost to move my service to another location?

Official Employee

Re: moving

Hi bkkr, 

Thanks for reaching out. Because there are so many questions customers may have when transferring their services, I wanted to make sure  I could answer your question, as well as provide you with some additional information that may help with this process. When transferring your services from one address to another, here's a few things to keep in mind:

1. There will be an installation charge associated with a technician having to come out and set the services up, unless there is some sort of promotion for installation in the new area you are moving to.
  2. If you are in a active service agreement, and the new location is not within the Comcast footprint - meaning we cannot provide services, the ETF's associated to your current agreement are valid and will be billed. 
  3. When transferring, there is a possibility the current package and pricing you have will not be available. This is normal as the promotions in each area are different and may not be available in the new location.
  4. Any balance on the old account that is not paid off, will be transferred onto the new account and included in the new addresses monthly bill. 

If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out in a private message. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for your reply and the information.

I am actually moving next door to where I am living now, I am not sure of the exact date, but it will be before March 15.

Official Employee

Thanks for your reply and the information.

I am actually moving next door to where I am living now, I am not sure of the exact date, but it will be before March 15.

bkkr, Oh OK! I'm pretty certain we can accommodate if you're moving next door. I can confirm for sure if you send me the address. Otherwise, the only cost to you would be the cost for the technician visit if you do not decide to transfer the service into your new place yourself. 

KenF