Community Forum

moving to another state

New Poster

moving to another state

At the risk of opening a can of worms (seeing tons of previous similar complaints) - I've sent two requestes online to move the service and each I received the dreaded "call back in 2 hours..."  Perhaps it is time to move altogether away from xfinity and cut the cord.  HAs teh move service worked for anyone??

Valued Contributor

Re: moving to another state

That is a move request, not the actual order I believe. So expect multiple calls in the next few days. You can reach the movers department (who will be the ones calling you) at the 877 338 7017 number if you want to go ahead and get it setup. I had experience transferring service before.. easiest way was just to call them. I would take a look at the offers available in your new area to get an idea, because I don't believe you will be able to just move your current plan over.
Official Employee

Re: moving to another state

Hi @CharlieD70

@JLDOOBLY is correct. I can also help by first making sure we offer service in your area. If so, I can help set up the order for your transfer of service. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.