Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

moving - full credit assured but not delivered

New Poster

moving - full credit assured but not delivered

A description of the problem:

Longtime customer (15 years) and am moving to a new location 14 miles away. I called in and rep said they needed to have a truck roll out. They charged me $59.99 and said since I was a longtime customer that I needed to contact customer service and they would credit the $59.99 fee. I subsequently chatted with customer service for over 45 minutes (I saved the chat) and they provided a $25 credit, not the full $60. As a longtime customer, please credit me the full $59.99 as I would continue all services once I move. I never have trucks rolled out and go to the Comcast office when I need to switch out a DVR etc. Please help keep a moving customer happy here and honor the full credit the rep assured me.

Thank you.

Kevin

Valued Contributor

Re: moving - full credit assured but not delivered

It sounds like your new address was not Self install eligible, hence the need for the truck roll. When you moved, you had new customer offers available, but the agent should not have told you your install would be free. That is not their place to decide, so you are lucky you got the partial credit. I understand your loyalty, but you still needed a tech to come out and install your services, and there is typically a charge for this, regardless of how long you have been a customer.
New Poster

Thanks for the reply. I am moving next week. I did not think about the new customer offers -I will call in to explore that option. 

Regular Visitor

Turns out I was eligble for new customer deals which removed the install fee. Also got a slightly better double play than I currently have. Just have to watch the bills now to make sure it is billed as advertised. Best part is I won't have to contact them again (hopefully) for 2 years now.

Official Employee

Hi, KJK1 - I can take a look at your account and see what we can do with the install charge. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name, both addresses, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me