- My current cable modem for comcast-xfinity internet works fine.
- I recently received a gateway modem by ups from comcast, which I did Not ask for.
- I do not want to host any comcast public hotspot.
The XFINITY.COM site states:"
Your XFINITY Wireless Gateway broadcasts an additional “xfinitywifi” network signal, creating an extension of the XFINITY WiFi network right in your home. This service is completely separate from your secure, private home WiFi network and allows guests to sign in and connect without sharing your secure network password. Your Home Hotspot is included with your service at no additional charge."
- I do not want to participate in hosting the XFINITY Wireless Gateway network. Prefer lower levels of EMF (electro magnetic field) radiation, which is contratry to hosting a public hotspot.
- I am looking for an alternative compatible modem to purchase which has a hardware option to turn off wifi, directly on the modem rather than depending on a comcast software option to disable wifi.
- I'd very much appreciate help in finding an officially supported cable modem with the ability to turnoff wifi directly on the modem device. Thank-you.