Community Forum

massive total outage in dale city VA service area

Most Valued Poster

massive total outage in dale city VA service area

Didn't know which board to post this on so chose Home network. 

My Triple Play X1 services are in the Dale City, Va Comcast serving area....zip code 22193. Other than a few hours here and there we have not have tv/phone/internet for the last three days. The recording with the time the problem would be fixed was a moving target. As soon as it got close to that time..they moved it. Its been horrible for 3 days. It up, its down, its up, its down. A Friday and whole weekend with nothing? Really? I will assume that the root cause initially was weather related ( Nor'easter 70mpg HIGH WIND) trouble on Friday Feb 2 but not after that. Seems they were constantly putting bandaids on and not really repairing and that is totally unacceptable. We were so frustrated and finally was able to get a technical agent on the phone Saturday after a 20 minute wait time. He was able to tell me right down to the pedestal number where the problem was and said that the repairs would not stabilize. I was very grateful for his help but the service rollercoaster continued.

Its up this morning but I am sure its only temporary. Nothing on the local news/internet about it and I was shocked.

This was not a small outage as the Dale City service area covers a HUGE  community population with tens of thousands of people and the majority of the Comcast facilities are underground. We drove around and did not see any overhead lines down at all nor did we see any Comcast trucks...very strange.

Can anyone explain  why they could not stablize the repair?  We really want to know the technical details. There better be credit on next bill too.

Expert

Re: massive total outage in dale city VA service area

Comcast typically won't issue automatic credits, but they will if you ask. Would you like an employee to help you?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Most Valued Poster

@The_Janitor wrote:

Comcast typically won't issue automatic credits, but they will if you ask. Would you like an employee to help you?

====

The wonderful technical support guy told me there would be credit issued for all that were affected - nothing against him but I don't believe it and you have confirmed that its not typical. I was going to call the billing people today but sure would appreciate being directed to someone you think can help.

THANK YOU

Expert

@TerriB,

Sometimes they do issue automatic credits, but in my experience, they don't so much for localized service outages.  

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Most Valued Poster

@The_Janitor wrote:

@TerriB,

Sometimes they do issue automatic credits, but in my experience, they don't so much for localized service outages.  

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

===

COOL! When I first posted this I was hoping one of the employees would see it and respond but nope so I really appreciate your help

Official Employee

Hi TerriB, I can assist you with making sure you are not charged for the time spent without service. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi TerriB, I can assist you with making sure you are not charged for the time spent without service. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Sending you PM now....thank you

Most Valued Poster

@The_Janitor wrote:

@TerriB,

====

Just wanted to let you know that I have been contacted by a employee who is going to help us. Thanks again.

Official Employee

TerriB wrote: Amir...once again thanks so much for helping with this. 

I am glad that I was able to get this taken care of for you, have a good day.