Community Forum

<edited> problem

Frequent Visitor

<edited> problem

Over the last several weeks I have attempted to contact support and have spoken to 8 different agents.  The situation appeared to be relatively easy to address. However, I have not been able to find anyone who can give me a straight answer.  The problem is this:  I subscribe to your internet and home phone services and when I pull up the streaming movies on the internet, I find that I can only Spanish videos.  Most of the agents seem not to have ever gotten this inquiry from other customers.  One or two said that because I don't have TV coverage, I am not eligible to receive streaming videos.  This, of course, is not the problem, since it says on the website that videos are free.  Since your company does not provide the ability to remote view, I could use the snipping tool to provide the wordage on your site.

Expert

Re: <edited> problem

@tpc1938 wrote:

One or two said that because I don't have TV coverage, I am not eligible to receive streaming videos.  

That's the correct answer. If you subscribe to their video service, then the movies are free. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Administrator

@tpc1938,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. With Xfinity Steam TV, as Expert Nerdburg mentioned, you must subscribe to a specific channel to see all the content available to stream.

We do offer some very limited content on limited channels to customers who do not subscribe to the specific channel. However, the availability of what is offered if you do not subscribe is not dictated by Comcast but the channel that is offering the content. 

If you have details about a specific show/series you are interested in, I can let you know if it is available for free or with a subscription only. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Since you are a Comcast employee you know the page under WATCH FOR FREE: Included in your INTERNET SERVICE.   Your site then shows in ENGLISH TV shows from previous nights, however when the movies list comes up all of this is in SPANISH. I can't imagine why ENGLISH movie suppliers would not enter agreements with the largest internet provider in this country.  If this is true then why did I require going to 7 agents and only one indicated that this was the problem. I do see a problem with the fact that your company biases are evidently allowed by corp.

Official Employee

Hi, tpx1938. Usually, this will happen if the promotion you are in is a Latino package, where a majority of the channels are in Spanish. I can double check to see if you are in a similar promotion or what is going on. Can you please private message me your full name? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I sent my name and Email and haven't heard from you.

Official Employee

Hello, tpc1938. The last private message I sent to you was on Tuesday. In order to change services, we would need to continue there.