Community Forum

<Edited> hospitalized senior citizens

New Poster

<Edited> hospitalized senior citizens

My Dad is the owner of this account - I am posting this question on his behalf. He has all telecomm services from Comcast (Mobile, Internet, TV, Phone) and has been a loyal customer for 10+ years.

My parents were on a Carribean cruise. My Dad (who has a heart condition) had a cardiac incident and had to spend time in the ship's infirmary. While he was receiving treatment, the ship sailed into international cell phone range...which meant his cell phone started downloading data at international roaming rates.  He incurred a bill of $1400 before he got back to his room to turn off his roaming and evacuated to Key West.

He called Comcast customer service, who gave him a minor credit, and then paid the bill in good faith.

<Edited> I would like Comcast to refund the amount that he paid in good faith.

Can anyone help?  Any ideas?

Expert

Re: <Edited> hospitalized senior citizens

@sgeller142 wrote:

My Dad is the owner of this account - I am posting this question on his behalf. He has all telecomm services from Comcast (Mobile, Internet, TV, Phone) and has been a loyal customer for 10+ years.

My parents were on a Carribean cruise. My Dad (who has a heart condition) had a cardiac incident and had to spend time in the ship's infirmary. While he was receiving treatment, the ship sailed into international cell phone range...which meant his cell phone started downloading data at international roaming rates.  He incurred a bill of $1400 before he got back to his room to turn off his roaming and evacuated to Key West.

He called Comcast customer service, who gave him a minor credit, and then paid the bill in good faith.

<Edited> I would like Comcast to refund the amount that he paid in good faith.

Can anyone help?  Any ideas?

Unless your father previously set you up as someone authorized to discuss/make changes to his account there's not much anyone here can do.

I'm sorry he had a cardiac incident while on the cruise, but very glad he survived.  Prayers that his health will improve.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: <Edited> hospitalized senior citizens

OK - actually I *am* set up on his account as an account owner...so how should I get help?