Community Forum

locate underground cable line in from utility pole to box on house so I can dig out stumps

New Poster

locate underground cable line in from utility pole to box on house so I can dig out stumps

I notified locate to show where underground utilities are as i wanted to dig out some stumps. They came out and located power and phone lines but did not locate comcast cable. I dug out a couple stumps  that were nowhere near where the cable goes from the pole to the box on the house. BUT I still have several stumps I want to dig out that are in line from the pole to the house. Now the power runs around the stumps which will alow me to dig out a couple stumps but there is room for the cable to run between the stumps and the cable was not marked the first time around. I called locate to come out again but it is an automated line and after complete the computer voice stated who will be notified and comcast cable was not listed so I need to insure someone locates the underground cable before I dig and I am ready to dig now. If no one comes out and locates the line, I will likely break it when I dig out the stumps, if it is not in the ditch with the power. Locate is coming out again either Friday or monday and when they do I will start digging. If they do not locat for comcast and IF I break the cable it will be a good reason to get direct tv or dish.

Official Employee

Re: locate underground cable line in from utility pole to box on house so I can dig out stumps

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you