Community Forum

locate underground cable line in from utility pole to box on house so I can dig out stumps

New Poster

locate underground cable line in from utility pole to box on house so I can dig out stumps

I notified locate to show where underground utilities are as i wanted to dig out some stumps. They came out and located power and phone lines but did not locate comcast cable. I dug out a couple stumps  that were nowhere near where the cable goes from the pole to the box on the house. BUT I still have several stumps I want to dig out that are in line from the pole to the house. Now the power runs around the stumps which will alow me to dig out a couple stumps but there is room for the cable to run between the stumps and the cable was not marked the first time around. I called locate to come out again but it is an automated line and after complete the computer voice stated who will be notified and comcast cable was not listed so I need to insure someone locates the underground cable before I dig and I am ready to dig now. If no one comes out and locates the line, I will likely break it when I dig out the stumps, if it is not in the ditch with the power. Locate is coming out again either Friday or monday and when they do I will start digging. If they do not locat for comcast and IF I break the cable it will be a good reason to get direct tv or dish.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: locate underground cable line in from utility pole to box on house so I can dig out stumps

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!