Community Forum

just got xfinity on the 18th of may, but don't like the basic format

Highlighted
New Poster

just got xfinity on the 18th of may, but don't like the basic format

i wanted to upgrade to an X1 due to the fact i don't like the basic box. i have a 4k 55" vizio tv and the screen is not filled fully with the HD cable box i have. i had cox, but i moved into a new place last week and they didn't cover the area, so i chose xfinity over verizon. i had voice remote, on-demand and netflix, all without no internet included. i want to get the same thing i got for cox from xfinity. what do i do about that? writing in the chat is frustrating and i heard and read reviews about how bad customer service is with xfinity, so i'm trying to give the service the benefit of the doubt.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: just got xfinity on the 18th of may, but don't like the basic format

@micahwillis27 wrote:

i wanted to upgrade to an X1 due to the fact i don't like the basic box. i have a 4k 55" vizio tv and the screen is not filled fully with the HD cable box i have. i had cox, but i moved into a new place last week and they didn't cover the area, so i chose xfinity over verizon. i had voice remote, on-demand and netflix, all without no internet included. i want to get the same thing i got for cox from xfinity. what do i do about that? writing in the chat is frustrating and i heard and read reviews about how bad customer service is with xfinity, so i'm trying to give the service the benefit of the doubt.

cable programming (numbered channels) are in 720p format. your tV should take that and display it full screen. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!