Community Forum

issues with self installations on comcast side

New Poster

issues with self installations on comcast side

So I got my kit this was back in mid-June. Ever since they told me that someone will be out "tomorrow" to install my lines. It is always tomorrow and they told me they expedited the service. Well, last time "tomorrow" was July 1st and guess what no lines have been installed.

Is this normal for them because I am about to have to pay my first bill and this is just not okay. It is poor customer service and just bad company practice to do this. My last call even admitted it was supposed to be the 1 st and no one came and is now telling me Monday. I suppose if Monday doesn't work out I will be calling to cancel because I am not going to pay for something I haven't been able to use.
Valued Contributor

Re: issues with self installations on comcast side

This typically isn't how self installs work. Are you setting up a pre-paid service?
New Poster

Not to my knowledge since I have a contract. when I paid I got a message saying my stuff was shipped but not to set it up because I didn't have outdoor lines. Told me I didn't need to be home since it would all happen outside my home. Was later told that I would be notified when the work was done. I saw them maybe 3 weeks ago but didn't get a message so I called, was told that only initial stuff was done and the person would be out "tomorrow" to finish up the work. I got to set up the next day because I got a message that said "Now that you are all set up..." well nothing. I contact they say they can't access my account due to maintenance. When I finally get someone she tells me my modem is in "bridge mode" whatever what means because the instructions say nothing about this bridge mode. I go through the set up with them only to be told my lines still aren't there and they have escalated the issues (this would be the second escalation) and someone will be out "tomorrow" A few days after that day I call again maybe 2 days after the lines were suppose to come (which was the 1st) once again they told me the work wasn't done and it would be done "Monday" and now I am on the third appointment set up to get this done. At this point, if it doesn't get done today (which is the appointment) I will be calling to cancel before it is too late and I'm stuck paying for two internet providers.
Official Employee

Hello Lycoris. We apologize that you are going through such difficulty with your Self Installation. If still needed, I can assist with scheduling someone to connect your service. If needed, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!