Community Forum

internet outage and maybe charged $70 technician fee

Highlighted
New Poster

internet outage and maybe charged $70 technician fee

Hi Xfinity! a month ago I renewed my agreement. the whole process of renewal was very cumbersome with one representative not being able to fully follow through my renewal. Anyhow after I get through the renewal, my internet stops working over the weekend. After tests, they said it could be my modem and they would need to send in a technician which would be $70. We are 4 graduate students living in this house who cannot afford to splurge $70 every time our internet goes out. We bought a new modem and a few hours later the internet is back up. A month later again our internet is out and they say it could be our modem. Our modem is looking for signal but it can't get it and they say if it is something inside our house, then we would be charged $70 tech fee. I cannot emphasize this enough but we can't pay $70 on top of what we are paying for the internet. I can count so many days that we were without internet and we do not deserve to be charged for services which we don't get for days.  Also, I was told your techs would come in on Friday which was the earliest. Are you kidding me? I have had smooth service for the last 2 years but after my agreement renewal, it has been downhill and might I add, expensive.