Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

installation NIGHTMARE still unresolved!!! Please help

New Poster

installation NIGHTMARE still unresolved!!! Please help

I am in an apartment complex that provides basic comcast service to all 50 units as a part of our maintenance. I am trying to upgrade the minimum service to hdtv and add internet.

First appointment: On January 20 my first appointment tech said he could not install internet or hdtv because the exterior line to my unit from the attic of my building would not support it. He said we would need to schedule another type of tech to install that line before the internet could be installed. He scheduled the exterior wiring appointment for the 24th of January and I scheduled the install for the 25th of January.

Second appointment: On january the 24th the new exterior line was installed from the attic. At that time the existing line that supported the basic service my building pays for was cut - without my knowledge. So now we not only did not have internet but also no longer had basic service, which had been working. 

Third appointment: On January 25th the installer came and left without doing anything. The dispactcher called and we rescheduled the install for Friday January 26th. 

Fourth appointment: On Friday January 26th the installer came, first he said he didnt have the router/modem, even though I had specifically discussed with the dispatcher that I did not have any equiptment and that comcast would need to provide ( and charge me) for equiptment. He called and had the order "changed". Then he said he was going to his truck to get his stuff - and NEVER CAME BACK! Finally I called comcast to see what was going on and they did not know. They "escalated" the situation and assured me they would deal with it - ultimately by scheduling me for a fifth appointment on Sunday January 27th. 

Fifth appointment: Installer arrived, checked out the install. Then he said the work order did not include modem/router and he would have to change it - again. He said he needed to check the lines in the attic of the building. He did that. Said they were fine but that he was not sure about the exterior lines that brought the new line into my apartment. Said he might have to drill some holes. I said ok. He said he was going to his truck to get equiptment. That was 40 minutes ago. He still has not returned. What the heck is going on here????????????? Not only do I not have internet and hdtv - but I also dont event have the basic service I started out with - and that my building is paying for!!!!!!   

Expert

Re: installation NIGHTMARE still unresolved!!! Please help

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Re: installation NIGHTMARE still unresolved!!! Please help

Hello customer1750, I can assist you with getting your services installed correctly. To begin can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?