Community Forum

incompetence or fraud or both?

New Poster

incompetence or fraud or both?

I ordered internet service on 03/09/18 and I cancelled today 03/13/18 while my account was still pending and before the service was installed.  I was told via email that a technician would come on 3/12 to hook up the outside coaxial cable.  I was not provided with the 2 hour window that comcast falsly claims to provide.  I went to my account page and checked several times it only ever said that the details were not ready and to check back soon.  On the 12th I started a chat to find out information and was assured that the technician would be there by 8pm.  Around 8pm I got back online and checked and the appointment had been moved to 3/13 with no notification and still no 2 hour window for when the technician would come.  I then opened another chat in which the first representative told me that since the appointment was late I would be credited $20 to my account.  This credit, I would come to learn, is another false claim bordering on fraud as i will explain later.  At least I got a time window this time - from 8am to 8pm - not the two hour window promised by comcast but a 12 hour window.  The representative told me that they could not process the credit but will transfer me to the correct department.  The second person to enter this now saved chat gave me a complete run around.  Repeately stated that the appointment is for 3/13 and that he can not process the credit.  Eventually I told him that I have email verification of the origional appointment as well as a saved chat indicating that the technician  would be there by 8pm on 3/12.  Only after this did he give me a confirmation number to a credit that never appeared on my account and which another representative could not find any evidence of when asked later.  This morning on 3/13 an xifnity van was parked a few houses down from mine at 10am.  I never saw anyone get out of the van.  About an hour after the van left I got a text that said I'm all set.  I went outside and the coaxial cable is still dangling, unattached to anything.  So I opened another chat.  This chat followed the same pattern as the night before.  The first representative was sorry and told me i would receive a $20 credit and that they needed to transfer me to the right person with the second person pretending to not have any information on the two missed appointments but claiming they would happily schedule another one and stating that since there was no appointment information they could not process the credit.  This indicated a pattern of behavior.  This company claims to automatically add a credit for late or missed appointments yet the representatives claim they can find no evidence of appointments.  So I cancelled.  Now I have to wait four to six weeks for a comapny that can't remember its own appointments or find the right address to send me a check.  I'm very skeptical that this separation is going to go any smoother than what I have already come to expect from comcast in such a short time.  This is the most disgusted I have ever been with a company and I plan on uploading the saved chats to warn other people.