Community Forum

iPad promo - confirmation or update on order status

Regular Visitor

iPad promo - confirmation or update on order status

xfinity.com/ipad

I received email for $120 ipad promo with quad play and ordered it via email link.  Went through the qualification and availibility check screens that took a min or two.  Order was confirmed on the screen with confirmation number and said order confirmation email was sent to my email address.  Also said order will ship in 5-10 days.  That was a few on 7/14.  Didn't get the email.

I don't know if I have been charged or what the status of order is.  More importantly, I would like to get confirmation that the order was completed as stated in confirmation screen.  
Can someone help with order status?  Any help would be much appreciated.
Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad promo - confirmation or update on order status

I haven't gotten anything at all. No order number or any email. anything yet its been 2 weeks????

Regular Visitor

I've gotten the runaround as well.  It is added to my bill but no other information can be provided to me.  Nor have I received the iPad.  I've called.  Chatted.  Nothing seems to work.

Regular Visitor

I ordered mine on July 16th and my status page is parked order received. I talked to an Xfinity rep yesterday who transferred me over to Xfinity Mobile. They're the ones who are handling the promo.  The iPads are on back order. The initial 5-10 day period is looking like 10-15 and possibly 30 days. She said that if I didn't see anything by 30 days to call back and decide if I want to keep the order active or cancel. If I do keep it active they'll start crediting me the monthly.

Regular Visitor

Can an xfinity person help with a response to this for me?  I see that other similar posts for this same topic got xfinity person jumped on to help.

Official Employee

Hello all, I am more than happy to assist you with finding out the status of your order. For further assistance, please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

So, did you ever receive your iPad?

Regular Visitor

Nope. Got some initial help xfinity person on this thread but then got pushed off to somewhere else. Never heard any response or follow up. Then tried calling. Was assured that they were escalating. And ... wait for it... got a lot of nothing. Basically totally blown off. And I still have confirmation number and receipt.
Official Employee

Hey @tmonster100

I can help look further the status of our order. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Just got the private mail from the comcast person on this thread.  They are trying to be helpful.  The problem is that he just put me into the exact same waste cycle of calling a useless phone number again.

My response to them:

--------------------------------------------------

That is what they said last time.  I called that number many times.  What they will tell me is that they need to escalate and will ensure that someone emails or calls soon and will help me with getting the order shipped.  

The infinite loop of spending a few hours with xfinity support starts again.

It's an absolutely terrible experience.  I have an order number, proof that the order completed and said it was shipping.  I have talked to at least 4 customer service folks and now 2 comcast folks on forums.  All of whom can tell me that my order was good, but got cancelled for no reason and can't do anything about it.  All tell me a call a number, that gets me false promises of follow up and escalation.  And then, ..... just another cycle of being completely blown off.

Official Employee

Hey @tmonster100

I'm sorry you feel this way. I tried providing the only information I had, not knowing that was the same number you called before. I don't want to give up yet. I'm going to see what else I can do or who I can reach out to since that was another dead end.

I'll be replying to your private message again when I get more info. Thanks for your patience.