Community Forum

iPad offer scam?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

iPad offer scam?

I signed up for an internet/tv bundle with the promise of a free iPad back on 11 November 2018.
I have gotten nothing but a runaround on this. Everyone is super "polite" on the phone but entirely unable or unwilling to help. Why should anyone have to take to social media or organize a class action lawsuit to get comcast to honor their commitment? What ever happened to Truth in Advertising?

Is this what Comcast means when they label themselves "The future of Awesome"???

Looking forward to your prompt response, Comcast.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: iPad offer scam?

Hello Sbrown1, thank you for creating a post on our forum. I can look into this for you and provide more information on the IPad offer, to get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastAmir.
Per your request I replied via private message with my account and contact details two days ago. I still have not heard back, either from you or Comcast telephone support. Please advise on the path forward.
Frequent Visitor

I guess my only recourse is to escalate this into the social media space. Bravo Comcast.
New Poster

Thanks for initiating this. I also signed up new X1 TV/Internet package with free iPad offer. So far I have not received this ipad.

Official Employee

@Sbrown1 wrote: Hi ComcastAmir. 
Per your request I replied via private message with my account and contact details two days ago. I still have not heard back, either from you or Comcast telephone support. Please advise on the path forward.

I replied to your PM, please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Happy to share my experience. Just so you're aware HPTucson, our friends at Comcast have now replied Twice in private to ask me for the same information again (for "security" they're asking me to provide my name via private message, I've done this twice so far for the same rep).

Is Comcast's goal to wear down their customers in private chat so that other customers can't witness the struggles we're going through?

I upgraded my service because of this iPad offer. I've been getting the run-around ever since I made the upgrade. I even took a screen capture to prove that I faithfully applied for the promotion offered but I have yet to receive a response, getting bounced between phone reps or online "private chats" with Comcast reps. This is totally unfair. Please honor your commitments Comcast. Please transparently address these concerns in the public forum.
Frequent Visitor

Hi MNtundraRET.
Could you help me to understand why the previous post was removed and labeled as "off topic" and "rant"?

It would be helpful to better understand the rules and standards for discussion.

Please correct me if I am wrong because I assumed that the objective for these forums was the open exchange of information.

If sharing our customer service experience and inability to get resolution on a promised offer is out of bounds please advise. I'm sure the quality of posts and their value to the public will increase with helpful guidance on the appropriate manner of discourse from moderators.
Expert

@Sbrown1 wrote:
Hi MNtundraRET.
Could you help me to understand why the previous post was removed and labeled as "off topic" and "rant"?

It would be helpful to better understand the rules and standards for discussion.

Please correct me if I am wrong because I assumed that the objective for these forums was the open exchange of information.

If sharing our customer service experience and inability to get resolution on a promised offer is out of bounds please advise. I'm sure the quality of posts and their value to the public will increase with helpful guidance on the appropriate manner of discourse from moderators.

From the Forum Guidelines: "Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any username, post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification."

Your post was deemed a rant and inappropriate because of being rude to a Corporate Employee that is trying to help you.  Understand that they help not only here, but in Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook as well.  They also don't work 24/7, contrary to popular belief.  As a result, each OE helps hundreds of customers weekly.  Also, some work long hours 4 days a week, and have several days off.

Your [global "your"] posts go into a queue in the beginning, so sometimes it takes a few days for an OE to answer a post, but they also rely on Experts to help answer questions and maintain the flow of the threads in the forum.  We all want to help you with your issues, however, rude and inappropriate posts will be removed.

For more information about appropriate posting please review the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Sbrown1 wrote: 

Hi MNtundraRET. 

Hello, I replied to your PM. Please reach back out to me there for further assistance.