Community Forum

iPad Deal HeII

New Poster

iPad Deal HeII

I purchased a iPad back in the beginning of December through the iPad offer for Triple Play customers.  My December bill indicated $5 for one time payment #1 of 24 for iPad.  I called customer service shortly before Christmas to check on status, I was told at that time that it should be arriving shortly.  After Christmas, I called back to customer service, on that call a "ticket" was started, I was assured that someone would call me back with confirmation and shipping information.  After New Year's I went online support and was using Chat to communicate with the support representive, this person asked if I couid go to the local Xfinity store, as they would be able to provide the iPad.  I drove the 32 miles to the Xfinity store, and when I told them that I was directed to come in to pickup a iPad, they looked at me if I was from a different planet.  The customer representative at the Xfinity store called an spoke to someone who was involved with the iPad offer, and they would make sure that I would receive the iPad, and that they would be $50 credit to my account for all the trouble.  Fast forward a week and several calls to Comcast support, I think that finally I am speaking to someone who is actually someone that I needed to all this time.  "Eric" told me that there was no record of a order being placed, even though my bill indicated payment was made, Eric's recommended that we cancel the order from December, and that I attempt to resubmit a new order.  With Eric on the phone, I attempted to replace the order, the message that I recieved was different, but still no confirmation was indicated.  What did change was that I was billed payments 2 thru 24 at the tune of $115, so at this point I have fully paid for a iPad that no one at Comcast can tell if and when I will be getting.  This past Friday I went into the Xfinity store that I originally setup my service, I was told that the store manager was checking into and that she would be calling me back.  I have never gotten followup information concerning the problem that I am encountering. Went back into the Xfinity store Saturday morning, I was told that the store manager would contact me Monday morning.  It's now Monday afternoon, and still no call, I reached out to Comcast support, and was escalated up the line to what I was told the highest level.  I was told that after further investigation into problem, that I would be receiving a call, if and when I get this call, I will gladly share this person's name here, as he will be the first one at Comcast to keep commitment.  I see on this forum that i am not the only person to experience problems with the Xfinity iPad Offer, but I do believe that I have been put through the most amount of trouble though.  If there is anyone that could provide any assistance, it would be appeciated.  Thanks

New Poster

Re: iPad Deal HeII

Just a update, after I hung up with Comcast Support, I received a call from the Xfinity store manager, she stated that she had escalated the issue with next level, and that I should be contacted soon, she seemed to be truely interested in issue, and somewhat embarressed for the amount of run around that I hve been put through.  Shortly after my call from the store manager, Lee, customer support from West Palm also called back to followup.  Kudos to these two Comcast employees for keeping commitments, even though issues has not yet been resolved, if someone had provided followup such as this sooner, I would not be so discouraged with Comcast.  Thanks to these two!

New Poster

Did you ever get the iPad?
New Poster

Yes, finally, the store manager took ownership of the issue, and futher escalated to the regional customer support manager, and with his help I did get the iPad that eluded me for 6 weeks.