Community Forum

iPad 128G 2018 Status (Days to eligibility?)

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

iPad 128G 2018 Status (Days to eligibility?)

I added to account online but it didn't go through  completely so Dec 10th someone with iPad Support Team put the order through, the first $5 charge shows on account. My status on xfinityrewardscenter.com/status now shows information. I'm hoping you can clear up my confusion.

It says my order is pending and below yellow slider timeline says they're working on my order details. What confuses me is right above the slider it says "89 days until eligible"   Below the slider it has labels reading "Installed Monday December 10, 2018", "90 Days active service" and "Promotional item sent". I've been a customer for 34 years (under different last name  or husband's a few of those years) and 19-20 years at current address. Why does it sound like they've tagged me as a new customer who has to have service 3 months before they ship iPad?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Appreciatively,

(Edited for posting name Publicly)

Official Employee

Re: iPad 128G 2018 Status (Days to eligibility?)

Hello vol_fan, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with further looking into this iPad status concern! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much, private message just sent.

Community, if it's resolved outside of the board I'll post and let you all know the issue if someone else runs into the same thing. 

Regular Visitor

If anyone else encounters the same issue I advise you call and keep talking to people until you get a resolution.

The person (not original poster here) in private chat said they don't see what I do, they only see Pending then explained process as, "It is a 3 step fulfillment stage, the first stage would be "Pending" which is 2-3 days after the order date, next will be "Processing" which is usually 4 days after the order date and lastly, the device will be shipped via Fed Ex (signature required) within 2-4 weeks."

I sent a screenshot and they said they would monitor it.

I explained I appreciated their monitoring but I'll probably start calling. My thinking is that first of all they didn't say it was processing as it should, all they see is status so they're not seeing as much as I am and think b/c of pending it's processing like they're told is standard; therefore, I am pretty positive it's got me in as new, especially since today I went from 89 to 88 days, it's ticking down the 3 months. My side also says Pending but I have the extra info I explained in original post.

If I get someone that can see more than I can, give any answers that would help anyone I'll come back. If you don't see another post within two (2) days call, call, call more until you have a resolution.
Official Employee

If something does look wrong with the order, the next step would be to submit a request for further research. Since the order was placed not too long ago, we have to allow time for it to process on the back end. I would be able to assist you with making sure you do receive the iPad, as well as correct any mistake if something is wrong. I will reach out ASAP with any updates. Thank you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

After several calls and reroutes I got to the iPad department.

There's an approval process after the order is put in. There's no one you can talk to after them because the approval process is in the system (computer), not another department overseeing it or anything. Just have to keep refreshing the status page until you see is been shipped in 2-4 weeks normally. So I was wrong in what the eligibility meant. I don't think though it specifically says anywhere about an approval process.

I asked how they can put the charge on my account before I'm even approved and she offered to remove it until it's shipped, but I didn't want to throw a wrench in the process so I said to leave it.  I'll be that much ahead when I do receive it, and if I don't get it, it'll be easy enough to get credited. 

Hope this helps someone. Looks like it's just random if you're a fortunate one that gets it in a couple days or a month or more. Or not at all.

Have a blessed day all!!

Official Employee

vol_fan, I'm happy we were able to figure out and confirm the status of your order! Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Thank you!