Community Forum

i have not a clue on switching out this equipment

New Poster

i have not a clue on switching out this equipment

Hi

i receive a new modem and equipment to switch for the old ones. I can't do it should i send it back????

I don't want to get charged and I don't know what to do.

Thank You

Contributor

Re: i have not a clue on switching out this equipment

If you have gotten a new modem it is more than likely you have gotten it because the older modem cannot support the newer speeds.

Any UPS store can help with sending back equipment to Xfinity. If you decide to send the equipment back.

Be advised if you do not upgrade your modem you will not get the speeds you are paying for.

Expert

@lovelyladyofgod

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi lovelyladyofgod. If you need assistance getting your new modem activated, I can help. If needed, send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!