Community Forum

how to cancel service

New Poster

how to cancel service

Can I cancel entire Xfinity service online, or do I have to call their office Monday?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: how to cancel service

No cancellations (or downgrades) allowed on line, sorry.  You'll need to call or visit your local store.

Gold Problem Solver

Hbellandi wrote: Can I cancel entire Xfinity service online, or do I have to call their office Monday?

If possible, get written confirmation that your account was closed, as they sometimes "forget". Also, if you have any Comcast equipment to turn in be sure to get a receipt for it and keep that receipt forever. See http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/How-to-View-Pay-your-bill-Online-and-or-Secure-your-Account/m-p.... Comcast is in the habit of "forgetting" that equipment has been turned in and billing you for it months or years later.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

And consider scanning or copying the receipt.  Our office uses thermal paper for receipts, as do many offices, that fades to a blank piece of paper in short order.  Hard to defend your return of their equipment with a blank page.

Official Employee

Hi @Hbellandi. If you still need assistance with disconnecting your service, I can help. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I also need to cancel my service as I already have another service provider.  P!ease help!

Thanks,

Bianca

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!