Community Forum

how do I speak to someone from management

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

how do I speak to someone from management

I would like to start by saying your customer service is deplorable.  I just moments ago one of your representative put me on hold for over an hour and a half then hung up the phone. while I was on hold I got one to your app started chatting with rey. he told me that someone will be contacting me on the phone within a half an hour. That was an hour anda half ago. he is now unresponsive.  I pay my bills on time every month.  I shouldn't have any issues with my service nor should I get treated in such a manner especially when dealing with one of your pieces of equipment.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: how do I speak to someone from management

@LordNeno wrote:

I would like to start by saying your customer service is deplorable.  I just moments ago one of your representative put me on hold for over an hour and a half then hung up the phone. while I was on hold I got one to your app started chatting with rey. he told me that someone will be contacting me on the phone within a half an hour. That was an hour anda half ago. he is now unresponsive.  I pay my bills on time every month.  I shouldn't have any issues with my service nor should I get treated in such a manner especially when dealing with one of your pieces of equipment.

Post about your issue here, but leave out any personal identifying information.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thanks however I've already figured that out. calling the general number it's an issue that I'm having.  I've been going on a nowhere battle since August 8th.  I'm having firmware issues for my Netgear cm1000.  Comcast State it's Netgear fault Netgear States is Comcast fault. one of Comcast representative finally pushed one of their rented devices into my home.  I was told everything was going to be free for first month while they attempt to resolve the issue.  I get their device yesterday and it doesn't work and they steal are not upholding my free first month.  the representative told me the only thing I have to do is pay $14  and they will start pushing out the one gig of data that I'm supposed to be receiving.  but I've been paying for one gigs of data since last year.  so long story short. they're tampering with my personal modem so that they can get one of their rented devices in my home. then when I get there device they throttle my internet speed to try to price gouge more money out of me.  I don't need a customer service agent I need someone from management

Highlighted
Official Employee

We'll need you to post specifics for the community (volunteers and employees) to help you.

1. Have you read through this document?
    1. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-Tips-for-troubleshooting-your-Xfinity-Internet/ta-p/...
  2. And this document?
    1. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-Troubleshooting-Gigabit-Internet-Speeds/ta-p/3150588
  3. It's important to isolate the issue to rule out the modem as the cause, hence the rental option - you could always purchase the same or a different model yourself to try as well, it doesn't have to be a rental.
    1. Also, "they're tampering with my personal modem so that they can get one of their rented devices in my home" is patently false. Amazon reviews of the CM1000 point to a lack of a conspiracy. Vendors work with ISPs to resolve potential issues, the assumption here is that it is due to the modem, but we haven't definitively shown that to be the case. If you're experiencing an issue with the XB6, you can look upstream (is it something with your in-home wiring, or outside your home on our network?) or downstream (have you tried hardlining via ethernet in).
  4. Do you have a screencapture of your CM1000 power and signal levels log? Do you have one for your XB6?

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My firmare is V7.01.01. This firmware does not exist with netgear so how do I have it?

NETGEAR provides your ISP with the latest firmware and your ISP updates your firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Firmware upgrades are pushed down by your ISP.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/CM1000.aspx#download

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

I am getting about the some speeds from both devices. One of your reps guaranteed me that if I pay $14 that I would have the proper speeds on the Xfi even if i am already paying for my 1g. She just has to switch my account form own to rent. She went over my account and seen that the last rep is giving me a $14 credit, however, she refused to add it to my account. Then i asked for my call to get escalated to her supervisor. When she came to the phone she started going over my account then put me on hold. While on hold i got on to your app and started chattingwith Rey. I requested that someone call me because i have been on hold for 45 min. He then told me someone will be call me in 30 mins. 45 min later the call from the supervisor was disconneced and Rey was unresponsive. And I am sorry but amazons reviews has nothing to do with this. One of your Techs came to my house Aug 11 and stated that there are no issues on this side. A full report should be in my account. I was attempting to add screenshots, however, I could not figure it out. But to be honest the best way is to have your company take remote access.

The customer service that I have received via phone, email and chat has been very appalling. but the only thing I want is for my internet to work.

Highlighted
Official Employee

That would assume Netgear's people are on top of updating their firmware numbers (they aren't, as we just launched V2.02.05 yesterday for the CM1200). I'll ask our people to get Netgear to update theirs, and we'll reach out to you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i have cm1000?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

and why are you taking shots at them because they did not update their website yet. as long as you are pushing out the right firmware it really doesn't matter

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

(they aren't, as we just launched V2.02.05 yesterday for the CM1200)

that cm1200 has absolutely nothing to do with me.

and like i stated before i have done all of the troubleshooting steps.

Highlighted
Official Employee

We're reaching out to @LordNeno  and will be in touch.