Community Forum

got a potential spam call from (800) 427-0106

Highlighted
New Poster

got a potential spam call from (800) 427-0106

i got a call from this number saying that they need to come in to check my service. i missed the first call. i called back, then gave them the right info.

looking into whether "(800) 427-0106 " is a legit comcast number, im getting a lot of mixed responses. can i get a concrete answer ASAP? i live in connecticut if that helps narrow it down

thanks

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: got a potential spam call from (800) 427-0106

Employees have said that number is legit. Whenever you are unsure about a message claiming to be from Comcast, check with them using the phone number printed on your bill, or one of the methods listed on the official "Contact Us" page at http://customer.xfinity.com/contact-us/, or 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489), or 1-800-Comcast (1-800-266-2278).

If the regular reps can't help you, try Comcast Security Assurance at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/).

Comcast's internal communications are horrible, so expect to continue to receive a lot of mixed messages about this.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: got a potential spam call from (800) 427-0106

@johnnyd2 wrote:

i got a call from this number saying that they need to come in to check my service. i missed the first call. i called back, then gave them the right info.

looking into whether "(800) 427-0106 " is a legit comcast number, im getting a lot of mixed responses. can i get a concrete answer ASAP? i live in connecticut if that helps narrow it down

thanks

The only time we'd usually proactively call you about a service issue is if there was ingress (signal leakage) detected at your home. In that case, we'd need to schedule a tech to come out and mitigate that issue as it is probably causing problems at the node.

Happy to help check this out for ya.

Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name (Comcast_Support) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!