Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

frequent disconnects, high latency, multiple technician visits

New Poster

frequent disconnects, high latency, multiple technician visits

I had a good router, no problems for years ooutside of random service interruptions. Started having issues most noticable when streaming videos or playing online games. Internet slows to a crawl then disconnects. reconnect and its fine for a while then again. Will sometimes happen non stop for hours and then go away for a day or two. Cable TV signal also affected for a short time when this happens (freezing, pixelation)

was told to replace my modem with the comcast modem. Same issues. 

Tech visited home at least 4 times. replaced connections, splitter, checked everything and eventually said the issue was at the node and that they were working on it.  weeks later still not fixed, another visit from a tech and still no fix. 

This has been going on for 2 months, 10+ hours of work missed due to meeting with techs. Now they want to send another tech to install a "filter", and i was told that my modem wasnt set up properly. 

Is this modem setup issue legit? Should i expect a resolution any time soon?

Expert

Re: frequent disconnects, high latency, multiple technician visits

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Hello Cooper1836, I can look into this for you and make sure we get your connection stable. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Regular Visitor

The East Coast has just experienced the worst non-hurricane or tornado winds in history resulting in many Comcast disconnects.  Could these multiple outages and disconnects have somehow damaged the cable box? 

Official Employee

citadel65 wrote: The East Coast has just experienced the worst non-hurricane or tornado winds in history resulting in many Comcast disconnects.  Could these multiple outages and disconnects have somehow damaged the cable box? 

Service issues will have an impact on your picture or connectivity for your internet but they won't damage the equipment. If you believe your equipment is damaged you can always swap it out at any Comcast service center with no charge.