Community Forum

existing customer price vs new customer price

Regular Visitor

existing customer price vs new customer price

I have been a Comcast customer for over 30 years. I currently have Internet, Cable TV/X1, voice and home security. We don't use the home security and want to get rid of our phone service. Why can't an existing customer who has been loyal and patient for so many years not get the same package and price as a new customer. I priced the package I want according to the house across the street which does not have comcast. The package I want is the X1 double play which priced at the following:

Download speeds up to 100 Mbps

220+ Channels

X1 PREFERRED DOUBLE PLAY INCLUDES:

STARZ® includedSpeed good for up to 8 devices at the same time

Select to Compare

this offer in the compare drawer at the top of the page

114.99 dollars per month

$114.99/mo

for the first 24 months

Choose Contract LengthiContract Information

$109.99/mo. for 24 mos. with 2 year agreement and Autopay and EcoBill enrollment

I currently pay more than twice that for services I don't want or use. Please advise why I can't get the same price. It is so unfair.

Expert

Re: existing customer price vs new customer price

Yes, new customers are offered promotional deals in order to introduce them to the service. Every provider does this, it's standard practice in the industry. There probably are some deals available to you, but they are never going to be as good as new customer deals.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you find a better deal. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: existing customer price vs new customer price

Hi LABBY. Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.