Community Forum

disconnected unit just to charge a technician fee.

New Poster

disconnected unit just to charge a technician fee.

Anyone experience similar?

Before making the move across the country, I had made sure our service would be available to activate immediately upon arrival. This was in late February and was reassured by local Comcast staff multiple times the unit would not be physically dis connected. Upon arrival, we physically confirmed the account and picked up the self install. Upon attempt to connect, the first customer service call informed us our modem wasn't showing up for an unknown reason. They scheduled a technician for MORE THAN A BUSINESS WEEK away. The second attempt revealed that not only was the hardware physically disconnected, as I specifically requested NOT happen, but that we would be charged $175 to have it reconnected. Furthermore the online help technician proceeded to be very rude and claimed there is nothing that can be done and this is acceptable business practice. One online technician acknowledged the hardware was purposefully disconnected in order to charge a reconnect fee. Taking a week to fix their mistake, charge or no charge, is entirely unacceptable.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Unit disconnected just to charge us a technician fee.

Hi Dan_Cu, I haven't experienced this myself but I have worked with many customers with similar issues. This is not something that Comcast does on purpose, if there was a tenant in your home with Comcast service before you moved in then their service would have to be disconnected first before we could start service for you. I was able to look into this for you and I do show that services are connected currently, are you still having issues with connecting your modem? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!