Community Forum

did Comcast go up on everyone's speed?

Frequent Visitor

did Comcast go up on everyone's speed?

did Comcast go up on everyone's speed lately or is this a spam email

2019-09-19_201922.jpg

New Poster

Re: did Comcast go up on everyone's speed?

yea same here but i dont see the speed go up

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You and me both. Maybe this is legit maybe they're going to upgrade us next month because I still getting 60 megabytes
Valued Contributor

I spoke with a Comcast employee and can confirm this is a legitimate email. I was however told that in order to receive the new speeds I would need to reset my modem. I did so by simply unplugging the modem, waiting about 1 minute, and then plugging it back in. I did notice a speed increase immediately once the modem came back online. 

Also, you can reset your modem via the xFi app, the MyAccount app, and via the X1 box.

I hope this helps. 

Regular Contributor

As I stated in another thread, I received the same email and reset the gateway through the XFI app and then again through the My Account web page.  No change -- still have the same speed.  I'll be following up with a call to Comcast over the weekend or early next week..

New Poster

i talk to someone from comcast in the messenger and they said i get the new speed tuesday 24

Frequent Visitor

so i guess that goes for us as well 

Regular Contributor

FYI -- see this thread --  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/New-increase-in-internet-speeds-per-your-email/td-p/...

I'm trying to get info.  Will post when I learn something.

Regular Contributor

Several threads on the forums about the speed increase email.  I also did some research on-line looking at reddit and dsl reports.  What I can gather --

1.  Some of the emails sent earlier this month had an actual effective date.

2. Emails without a start date are "advanced notices".

3. If you can get through Comcast's phone tree to ask a simple question and bypass technical, sales and billing, you might get a CSR who can give you a date.

4. A Comcast customer in my area was told September 24th.  We'll see.  Others have been told it could be some time in October.  Guessing game.

I'll post again if I find out more or when this actually comes through for me.

Regular Visitor

I got email, but no speed increase. I talk to tech support, but he unable to tell me when it will be implemented .
New Poster

what part of the US you live west or east ?

Regular Contributor

Although I got the email with no start date for the speed increase, various posters in these communities and other on-line forums said Florida (where I am) will get the increase today, Septebmer 24th.  I just power cycled the gateway and my Extreme went from 250dl/20ul to 300dl/20dl.  Actually, since I'm on ethernet for my main computer, the dl is hovering close to 400dl and upload is 25-26.