Community Forum

deals for long time/loyal existing customers

Regular Visitor

deals for long time/loyal existing customers

I called Comcast today and spoke to the cancellation department. My bill is up to $190 per month. I started at $89 per month for 2 years when I moved in, before they started to creep up the rates. There are offers from competitors that are all cheaper, for  usually a 24 month contract.

I currently have HD Preferred Plus XF for $191.49 minus a $26.50 bundle discount, for $164.99 monthly. This includes HD, Starz and HBO, Blast 200mbps internet and phone. I rarely if ever even watch HBO or Starz.

I also pay the $10 cable modem fee. And other taxes.

I have my own DVR (a Tivo) so they give me a whopping $2.50 credit for having my own STB (with their card installed).

I called the Cancellation department today and explained the above. However the agent said the best promotion he could get me was HD Preferred Extra with no HBO but Showtime instead, for $149.99. I'm not sure if that included the 200mbps blast internet; I'm assuming yes.

But... Really? That's the best you can do, for a long time customer? And you are willing to give a "new" customer a better deal, but not offer the same deal to your long time customers?

Is there a Regional Manager out there, that can get me a better deal? Or shall I just continue with my cancellation?

Official Employee

Re: deals for long time/loyal existing customers

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Expert
Official Employee

Re: deals for long time/loyal existing customers

Close old thread