Community Forum

customer service yeah

Contributor

customer service yeah

After the 2nd try to install my service and both time they had not ported my number over this was last time and final straw. I was with Comcast for 15 years or more and the last few years of your lousy service you had done everything to make me hate your company, from screwing up my bill to flat out lying, I finally got fed up and went to ATT. After my 2 year contract was ending in 12 day I decided it might be time to give Xfinity another try, they couldn’t still be that bad right. So I looked thru the options and decided on the triple play package and have my phone number that I had for 15 years ported over. After talking to a customer representative about porting the number over she sent me to another line to answer a few question and that set the phone to be ported. Got the service schedule to install on the 19th of June where they showed up and on time and ready to install. One cliché …the number was not ported, if I was to go ahead I would lose my number and wasn’t willing to lose it. The only thing I could do was to reschedule so I did, for the next week 26th of June. Was told to call Xfinity and talk to them about porting my number again so I did. Few day later a women called and said that it was all taking care of and should not be any more problems. Come the day of install and they came early because of a cancellation and ready to begin the install. Well the number hadn’t been ported and now I was running out of time, my contract was up in two days with ATT and my bill would jump from 140 to 200, Only choices I had was Go to Xfinity and lose my number or stay with ATT and pay the 200 or do another 1 year contract for less service with a rate of 160.  THANKS XFINITY

Expert

Re: customer service yeah

@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

After the 2nd try to install my service and both time they had not ported my number over this was last time and final straw. I was with Comcast for 15 years or more and the last few years of your lousy service you had done everything to make me hate your company, from screwing up my bill to flat out lying, I finally got fed up and went to ATT. After my 2 year contract was ending in 12 day I decided it might be time to give Xfinity another try, they couldn’t still be that bad right. So I looked thru the options and decided on the triple play package and have my phone number that I had for 15 years ported over. After talking to a customer representative about porting the number over she sent me to another line to answer a few question and that set the phone to be ported. Got the service schedule to install on the 19th of June where they showed up and on time and ready to install. One cliché …the number was not ported, if I was to go ahead I would lose my number and wasn’t willing to lose it. The only thing I could do was to reschedule so I did, for the next week 26th of June. Was told to call Xfinity and talk to them about porting my number again so I did. Few day later a women called and said that it was all taking care of and should not be any more problems. Come the day of install and they came early because of a cancellation and ready to begin the install. Well the number hadn’t been ported and now I was running out of time, my contract was up in two days with ATT and my bill would jump from 140 to 200, Only choices I had was Go to Xfinity and lose my number or stay with ATT and pay the 200 or do another 1 year contract for less service with a rate of 160.  THANKS XFINITY

Have they told you why your number could not be ported?  Is your phone unlocked?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

They told me that they messed up, was a glich in the system, so why tell me that is was all set.

Contributor

the phone is a land line that i have had for a long time ... they just didnt do it.

Official Employee

Greetings, BioHaZaRD1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issues with trying to get the phone number over to us. That's certainly frustrating. If you would like me to look into this I can have a look at the order and see what the issue was, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, BioHaZaRD1. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Xfinity, what joke is this cause its not funny

After the 2  3 try’s to install my service and each time they had not ported my number over. I was with Comcast for 15 years or more and the last few years of your lousy service you had done everything to make me hate your company, from screwing up my bill to flat out lying, I finally got fed up and went to ATT. So after my 2 year contract was ending in 12 day I decided it might be time to give Xfinity another try, they couldn’t still be that bad right. So I looked thru the options and decided on the triple play package and have my phone number that I had for 15 years ported over. After talking to a customer representative about porting the number over she sent me to another line to answer a few question and that set the phone to be ported. Got the service schedule to install on the 19th of June where they showed up and on time and ready to install. One problem the number was not ported, if I was to go ahead I would lose my number and wasn’t willing to lose it. The only thing I could do was to reschedule so I did, for the next week June 26th. Was told to call Xfinity and talk to them about porting my number again so I did. Few day later a women called and said that it was all taking care of and would not be any more problems. Come the day of install and they came early because of a cancellation and ready to begin the install. Well the number hadn’t been ported again and now I was running out of time, my contract was up in two days with ATT and my bill would jump from $140 to $200, Only choices I had was Go to Xfinity and lose my number, stay with ATT and pay the $200, do another 1 year contract for less service for a rate of $160 or drop down to $96. For 10 channels and internet and phone so I went with the $96 for a month. Waited till the July 20 and tried again, did the process to port the number with automatic answer the questions and was all set. Was a little be skeptical and the date was set up to install a 3rd time on July 25, at 11 -2:00 time slot. The installer showed up and before I let him start the install I ask him if the number was ported, so he looked it up and NO it was not ported. after the tech spent about 40 min on the phone with xfinity they could not do it for 3 days Now they have me schedule for the July 29th and since I’m with ATT and will get charged another $96 on the July 28 I will lose that money if I go to Xfinity. I DON’T KNOW WHAT KIND OF JOKE THIS IS BUT ITS NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: xfinity what joke is this cause its not funny

There was an official employee that was trying to help you a month ago but you never replied
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/customer-service-yeah/m-p/3237109

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

this is the 3rd time this was set to be ported and still not done 

Contributor

and many employes of this company said they would try to help and never did help .... he was not the only one i talked to

@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

Diamond Problem Solver

How could they help you if you never replied?

Contributor

wow you think he was the only one ... waited for a reply but was few days for anything come of it and was already so fed up.  and in that time i had aready chated to few others that gave me the no help so i just stopped

@CCAndrew wrote:

Expert

@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

wow you think he was the only one ... waited for a reply but was few days for anything come of it and was already so fed up.  and in that time i had aready chated to few others that gave me the no help so i just stopped

@CCAndrew wrote:

@ComcastMichael works for the Executive office as do all of the OE's that respond here.  You really should send him the information he requested in your other thread and see if he can get this accomplished for you.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

@Again wrote:

@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

@ComcastMichael works for the Executive office as do all of the OE's that respond here.  You really should send him the information he requested in your other thread and see if he can get this accomplished for you.

Why is that it has taken so long just to get service installed?  After the now 3rd time coming out to install since June 19th and the many people that I have talked to just to port a number, and going thru the steps of answering all the question till the end and still on the last time to install on June 25th and still have not ported the number, so what is up with that?  I’m going to make it a lot easier for Xfinity and just have my number ported to another service, so now all they have to do is install cable and internet. I cannot wait any longer or more cost to me for them to figure how to port my number.

Official Employee

and many employes of this company said they would try to help and never did help .... he was not the only one i talked to

@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

BioHaZaRD1, happy to help with your porting concerns and this install delay. Appreciate you posting on the forums. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Contributor

Why would i send my name to you.. who are you ? this is just porting a number and they act as if its never been done before.

Expert

@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

Why would i send my name to you.. who are you ? this is just porting a number and they act as if its never been done before.

@ComcastKenF , like @ComcastMichael are employees that work out of the Executive Office.  If you don't want to give them your information in a PM then you won't be able to be helped here.

Contributor

@Again wrote:

@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

@ComcastKenF , like @ComcastMichael are employees that work out of the Executive Office.  If you don't want to give them your information in a PM then you won't be able to be helped here.

and im sure they can't help anyway

Official Employee

@Again wrote:
@BioHaZaRD1 wrote:

and im sure they can't help anyway

BioHaZaRD1, sorry you feel that way. Let me know if you change your mind. 

Expert

@BioHaZaRD1 @ComcastKenF @ComcastMichael 

Since @BioHaZaRD1 is no longer requesting help here I am locking this thread from further comments.

Contributor

how many does it take to port a number?

Just had another tech here to install service with a ported number and again the number was not ported...THIS IS THE 4th TIME they have been out to do the install. And each time I’m told rest assure its set and good to go and each time the same thing, no service because the number is still not ported.  I started on June 19 again on June 26th July 25th then today July 29th now they’re coming out on Aug 2nd and assured me it will be Done ";(

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: how many does it take to port a number?

Again, send your private information to @ComcastKen. He’s corporate and can get to the bottom of the porting issues. Nobody can give you the answers you want without giving the necessary information.

Contributor

Re: how many does it take to port a number?

@CCAndrew wrote:
Again, send your private information to @ComcastKen. He’s corporate and can get to the bottom of the porting issues. Nobody can give you the answers you want without giving the necessary information.

Apparently no one can give me answers even with my information… 

I can understand how it feels but this time, you need not to worry as this concern has been escalated with the supervisor, so it will be definitely resolved.

I have escalated this issue with my supervisor as well, he will personally take care of this so that you will not face any hassle again

Contributor

Just had another tech here to install service with a ported number and again the number was not ported...THIS IS THE 4th TIME they have been out to do the install. And each time I’m told rest assure its set and good to go and each time the same thing, no service because the number is still not ported.  I started on June 19 again on June 26th July 25th then today July 29th now they’re coming out on Aug 2nd and assured me it will be Done ";(