Community Forum

contact from comcast

New Poster

contact from comcast

I have been contacted by supposely comcast security.  Need to verify below is actually comcast security

security@comcast.net 2:09 PM     To  <forums violation>    hi -----, someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Comcast Account.<forums violation>This person was using an application such as email client. Please review the details of the sign-in Wednesday,June 20,2018 2:25:37 PM IP Address: 135.60.26.12 ( cprogerlin1119publiccloud.com.br.) location: Manila,Phillipines If this wasn't you please call our security team on 1-800-359-4380 as soon as possible.Ignore if that was you. Sincerely, The Comcast account team.

Official Employee

Re: contact from comcast

nchdan, 

If you believe someone is accessing your account, I encourage you to reach out to the customer security assurance team here: 1-888-565-4329 or visit: https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

I can also log out all the devices that are using your username and password which will provide you with the opportunity to change your password to secure your account. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: contact from comcast

That 1-800 number you listed isn't a Comcast number and an employee wouldn't be using an @comcast.net email address either.  It sure looks like a phising scam to me.