Community Forum

contact from comcast

New Poster

contact from comcast

I have been contacted by supposely comcast security.  Need to verify below is actually comcast security

security@comcast.net 2:09 PM     To  <forums violation>    hi -----, someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Comcast Account.<forums violation>This person was using an application such as email client. Please review the details of the sign-in Wednesday,June 20,2018 2:25:37 PM IP Address: 135.60.26.12 ( cprogerlin1119publiccloud.com.br.) location: Manila,Phillipines If this wasn't you please call our security team on 1-800-359-4380 as soon as possible.Ignore if that was you. Sincerely, The Comcast account team.

Official Employee

Re: contact from comcast

nchdan, 

If you believe someone is accessing your account, I encourage you to reach out to the customer security assurance team here: 1-888-565-4329 or visit: https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

I can also log out all the devices that are using your username and password which will provide you with the opportunity to change your password to secure your account. 

KenF

Valued Contributor

Re: contact from comcast

That 1-800 number you listed isn't a Comcast number and an employee wouldn't be using an @comcast.net email address either.  It sure looks like a phising scam to me.