Community Forum

complaint

New Poster

complaint

received a notification through my credit report that I had an xfinity bill in collections which seemed weird to me because I haven't had xfinity for over a year and never recevied a bill via email as I usually do. I contacted chat (Case ID 5539907) with "Emmy Ruth" and was told I was sent a final bill. 

After asking many many times 1. what is being billed 2. when was I sent a bill before it going to collections she finally told me that 1. I was being billed for services before disconnection 2. I was sent a bill to the address I last received service at.

okay.. this is where it gets frustrating. Why do I need to ask you multipile times to give me in detail what I'm being billed for in detail before you start asking me to pay?? after repeating that I needed more detail on the bill she finally gave me dates after I asked for them for when I was being charged for service. which was a whole month and a half after I moved from that address. not only that, I tried to transfer services, so they knew about my move so why would they continue to charge me for services and also send a bill to my old address??

I checked my online account I don't have a bill for $56.22 it's not a lot but why am I being charged for services when I wasn't living there and why was this sent to collections without being properly notified that I owed anything. The whole time I had xfinity I received bills via email or atleast notifications about being billed. I need to know who is going to resolve this with the credit bureau and I need someone to look into this because it doesn't seem right at all it seems unfair. 

Expert

Re: complaint

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: complaint

Hi, tianim - I can investigate your billing concern. Please private message me your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!