Community Forum

complain after mutiple tecs call and phone calls to comcast

Frequent Visitor

complain after mutiple tecs call and phone calls to comcast

the problem has still not been fixed more then 5 techs have been to the house everytime try to start with a issue on the house end every time it is a drop or issue outside the house the last time they came out and ended up fixing a cut in the wire due to squirrels but the had spliced the line instead of replacing it correctly

i have since had to have another company come out to troubleshoot the problem the have determined that its low snr due to 3 segments before the line goes to the input of the house

the house has 1 amp
every line is dedicated (no splitters)
all cat 6 lines
4 boxes (3 reg 1 dvr)
1 dta not in use
1 new modem (c7100v)

have also tested all lines for signal and also tested new modems (multiple ) last time tech was there determent it was not a modem issue by checking 3 other new modems

tech finially check drop determined it was drop line
and only segmented the cable
causing low snr on upstream
3 or 4 times keep coming out and installing amps / enumerators
it has never solved the problem

3 times now phone support has found wrong codes on the account
also 1 code being a end of life code on the new customer supplied modem
i had to call again due to firmware not being correct after 30 min of being told it was correct he found out they used the wrong code causing 1 of the problems we have
(that has been fixed)

the time before the keep telling me we should to be getting the the 200 mbps that we contracted over 3 years ago and they say when they edited the account that some one edited the account they put the wrong blat package on there and the package they used is not even in our geographic area so that was the reason for multiple calls for a speed issue
once again was paying the complete cost for something that we have never gotten

so far 

(4 wrong biling codes)

1(wrong modem code)

1 (eol on modem)

4(techs need for initial install due to sending wrong techs )

3(service calls due to wrong speed code on account no one knew of )

4 (tech come out to solve line issue has not  been able to be fixed )

at this point it has been determend that 1 main issue is  3 segments  before the cable line even goes to line in on the amp 

all cable have been tested and test ok 

all amp outlets that are un used are terminated 

all devices have been check 

drop appears to be main issue with low snr as well as needing to be aplified 

wich it was before and did not need to be up untill they couldnt find the line issue so they installed a amp 

multiple attenuator have been changed and swapped out by 6 + tecs   

if this can not be fixed at this point i would like to eliminate internet or just go with gigabit ??

all we want is the service to work as being billed forand the price to stay consistant and not be changing every 6 months !!!

can some one please help

Robert C

Frequent Visitor

Re: complain after mutiple tecs call and phone calls to comcast

not to mention am still waiting for call back  from supervisor that was from 3 weeks ago ...

Regular Contributor

Re: complain after mutiple tecs call and phone calls to comcast

Hello Robert,

I apologize for the experience you have had thus far with getting your services working correctly. I am not sure whom the supervisor is that was supposed to contact you and I can look into this issue for you. With your service, the two options that come to mind are 1) submit a request for a new line to be pulled. 2) Look into the Gigabit service as it requires a professional tech install. This would likely result in getting a new line pulled as well. Either options works at your preference. To properly proceed I would need you to verify your account with me by sending a private message containing your account name, phone number, and service address. Please message back as soon as you can, thank you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon